IT Senior Associate, Level 1 - Team Lead, Telecommunications (Instructional Computing and Informati
I.T. Senior Associates perform highly complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Senior Associates perform a range of work in development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include diagnosing, evaluating, overseeing and resolving highly complex projects. They have wide latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may serve in lead roles on complex programs or projects, and/or serve as a direct supervisor of a unit or group.
I.T. Senior Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines, decision-making ability in situations related to those disciplines, and be able to serve as a resource in these areas. They may contribute to decisions on I.T. policies and technical standards.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
IT Senior Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
This position reports to the Systems & Web Service Manager. Conducts or oversees major undertakings of significant complexity requiring extensive background knowledge in Telecommunications. Completes highly complex projects in areas of technical expertise.
TECHNOLOGY SERVICE DELIVERY
- Diagnoses, evaluates and resolves complex telecommunications problems, communicate resolutions in an effective manner. Instructs others on implementation.
- Develops and ensures security procedures for computer and telecommunication software and data.
- Interacts with vendors as necessary to ensure proper support of software and equipment.
- Participates in the development of telecommunications technology and systems and in fulfilling the role(s) of the department's role in any given project.
- Coordinates major intra- or inter-college projects. Manages the telecommunications unit's involvement in campus-wide initiatives.
- Participates in and may direct administrative task forces.
- Acts as liaison with networks and membership organizations and technology vendors.
- Develops programs for cooperative planning, allocation or consolidation of resources.
- Serves as a senior-level consultant to management for a major information systems function or several lesser functions of the University or College.
- Conducts training sessions and related communications related to telecommunications.
- Makes formal presentations and submits written reports.
PLANNING AND OVERSIGHT
- Sets performance priorities within pre-established management goals.
- Accepts and carries out responsibility for systems planning, analysis, implementation and maintenance, local area networks and communication systems, software and hardware, contingency and capacity planning and quality assurance.
- Coordinates the implementation of selected large contracts, monitors contract compliance and provides recommendations on contract renewal.
- Directs cost-benefit and other analyses as required to quantify recommendations to management.
- Determines training needs related to systems and arranges for training programs.
- Directly supervises a team of technical professionals, or manages a system or group of systems within the College or unit as necessary.
- Reviews the quality of work, trains and evaluates staff and provides instruction on technical issues.
- Participates in hiring and selection of staff and allocation of staff resources.
- Maintains standards for safety and proper use of equipment and tools.
- Provides timely and effective service.
- Performs duties of lower titles when necessary.
- Performs specialized and highly complex work in one or more technology-related areas.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
- An equivalent of ten years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: ten years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus eight years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus six years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position
- Demonstrated English Language proficiency
- A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
This title has three levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
Preferred qualifications include;
- Ability to learn and support new services
- Knowledge of Hunter and/or CUNY supported services
- Ability to develop a variety of approaches for problem solving
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for service delivery
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin June 2, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: IT Senior Associate, Level 1 - Team Lead, Telecommunications (Instructional Computing and Information Technology)
Job ID: 16712
Full/Part Time: Full-Time