Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach
University of Delaware
Job Title Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach
Job ID 104641
Location Newark, DE
PAY GRADE: 28E
DEADLINE: Open until Filled
CONTEXT OF JOB:
The Assistant Coach I, Women's Lacrosse, at the University of Delaware is a valued member within the University and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation Services (DIARS), upholding and embracing the departmental mission of "Inspiring Greatness Together."
The Assistant Coach I reports to the Head Women's Lacrosse Coach, as well as the Director of Athletics, and carries out all responsibilities delegated by the Head Coach. The incumbent assists with all aspects of the operation of a Division I scholarship program, including instruction, preparation for opponents and recruitment of student-athletes, under the general supervision of the Head Coach.
On-campus contacts include students, support staff, administrators, peers and colleagues while off-campus contacts include prospective student-athletes and their families as well as peer coaching personnel at other institutions/and the general public (fans).
The incumbent must be thoroughly knowledgeable of the technical and tactical aspects of the sport and effective at transferring that expertise to the student- athletes in the program.
The position often requires work beyond that of the normal University workday and involves nights, weekends and extensive travel.
- Student Athlete Development (20%) Assist with counseling of players, academically, athletically and personally. Assist with on and off-season strength and conditioning program and sport-specific developmental program as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Analytics (20%) Assist with film/video analysis, both for scouting and preparation and team/player development. Work with student-manager to record stats, run clock, and organize film.
- Practice and Game Day Preparation and Execution (20%) Assist with organization and execution of daily practice and game plans/preparations. Execute practice and game-day responsibilities as assigned by Head Coach. Coach players in the technical aspects of the game.
- Recruitment of Prospective Student Athletes (20%) Recruit qualified student-athletes for the University, including but not limited to extensive evaluation of games, showcases, prospect film and working clinics, camps, and showcases that align with the program needs as well as correspondence and contacts with clubs and high school coaches and prospects, coordinating and facilitating visits, and maintaining database as delegated by the recruiting coordinator.
- Operational Preparation and Execution (10%) Assist with organization and management of travel and equipment budget/needs, including supporting the directives of the director of operations and equipment person, managing travel and equipment budgets, and managing the locker room space and equipment as well as coordinating calendars, schedules, and facilities as directed by the Head Coach.
- Clinic & Camp Director (5%) Direct clinics/camps, including but not limited to creating curriculum, hiring and developing staff, marking and promoting events, and off-setting operational budget needs.
- Mics. (5%) Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred, in coaching related curriculum or acceptable equivalent field.
- Two years related experience (collegiate coaching strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated ability in recruitment of student-athletes (national and international recruiting experience preferred).
- Competitive collegiate experience desirable.
- Willingness to comply with NCAA rules (Division I familiarity preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of skills and strategies, as well as specialized knowledge of sport required.
REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter, and list of three references along with their official application for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html