This role supervises the development and build of all of the academic courses for the Nursing program and concentrations on time and on budget. In collaboration with the Dean of the School of Nursing, the project manager will oversee a team of subject matter experts, graphic designers and instructional designers to ensure the development of a high quality program.
- Develop and monitor a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Effectively manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Manage and supervise the development of all three concentrations of the MSN program.
- In coordination with the Vice Provost/Dean & Director of Operations for Nursing, supervise the team of course developers.
- Assist with recruitment process, including: screening, interviewing, and hiring of the MSN Program Development team.
- Collaborate effectively with the Strayer Studios staff, to understand their work process, guidelines and timelines in order to integrate their product creation cycle into the project.
- Assist in defining the project's scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Assign work to team members, setting clear expectations and guidelines, as appropriate, and ensure that work occurs within scope, on time, and within budget.
- Serve as the final critical reviewer of course guides, supplemental materials, and program documents, ensuring that work quality meets the expectations, prior to submitting to Dean/Director for final review.
- Assist with resource availability and allocation.
- Collaboratively work with various internal stakeholders to accomplish project goals.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors/third parties.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Conduct weekly team meetings to ensure team productivity and accountability.
- Communicate broadly with multiple stakeholders regarding project process, progress, and costs
- Maintain meticulous and comprehensive project documentation.
- Store project work products effectively and efficiently.
- In collaboration with the Dean, Director, and Associate General Counsel, manage regulatory requirements (MSCHE, State Higher Education agencies, CCNE, and State Boards of Nursing, etc.)
- Prepare reports and distribute appropriately
- Escalate issues, problems, and challenges to the leadership team in a timely manner, as appropriate
- Monitor time and submit payroll for development team staff in a timely manner
- Accountable to the Vice Provost & Director of Operations for nursing for on-time delivery of quality curriculum products
- Other duties as assigned
- Master of Science degree in Nursing required
- MSN concentration in Nursing Education, Informatics, or Leadership/Mgt. (strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated experience managing major projects, with a record of on time and on budget completion
- Leadership and management experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing curriculum development experience (required)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with managing projects and timelines delivering high quality on strict deadlines while working with multiple stakeholders
- Nursing education experience- strongly preferred
- Experience with CCNE accreditation strongly preferred
- Extensive working knowledge of general nursing principles and practices, curriculum development, and regulatory standards/requirements
- Demonstrated track record of delivering results on targets and goals.
- Strong bias for action.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and solve problems quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and video conferencing software
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, solve problems, and make sounds decisions.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong relationship-building skills, and the ability to influence, effectively manage and lead others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven organization.
- Strategic & critical thinker.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to and embrace continuous change.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Registered Nurse (RN) with an active and unencumbered RN license in a U.S. state
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)- strongly preferred
- Position is remote; travel required (25- 50%)
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation is required to perform this job
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.