Senior Grants Administrator
Working Title: Senior Grants Administrator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Office of Sponsored Programs
Posting Date: 04-24-2017
The Office of Sponsored Programs is recruiting for Senior Grants Administrator to perform pre-award, post-award or a combination of grants and contracts job duties in response to specific proposal guidelines or terms and conditions.
Senior Grants Administrators facilitate the proposal submission and award administration process. They understand sponsor requirements and interpret guidelines for the Principal Investigator. They are responsible for the processing of proposal or award amendments, communicating with sponsor as needed, and serve as the primary contact for internal and external subcontracts and sponsors. They may perform a range of other duties within their organizations, as needed, but are distinguished by their expertise in grants and contracts administration.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply at https://jobs.virginia.edu, posting #0620604.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of grants management.
- Demonstrates knowledge grants and contracts.
- Ability to synthesize information and provide advice to researchers, administrators, faculty, and business managers.
- Ability to communicate and interact with faculty, staff and sponsors.
- Advanced ability to navigate University databases and systems.
- Ability to access and present information to University employees, faculty, and senior leaders.
- Understand the role of research funding in supporting the University's educational mission and strategic aims.
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81442