Ensures the accuracy, integrity, availability, performance, and security of all assigned databases. This includes analysis, implementation and support for databases. The Level II and III positions have increasing levels of responsibility and autonomy and provide training and mentoring to others in IT respectively, as well as providing project management for small to medium projects, and utilizing process improvement techniques.
1. Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and security of all assigned databases by:
- Monitoring performance for, backing up, restoring, and upgrading assigned databases.
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the databases.
- Utilizing tools to effectively monitor and maintain databases.
- Creating disaster recovery plans for all assigned databases in conjunction with other IS staff.
- Evaluating and implementing new products that will work with and/or replace current database software and tools.
- Participating with IS management in monitoring database security.
2. Provides project planning, analysis, implementation and support for databases by:
• Participating in projects from initiation through finalization.
• Undertaking special projects at the direction of an IS Manager, Director or the Vice President/Chief Information Officer (CIO).
• Performing application troubleshooting, problem solving, fine tuning, repairs and maintenance.
• Maintaining basic proficiency with project management to enable managing small to medium projects.
3. Provides training to IS staff as requested by the IS Manager or Director by:
• Assisting in problem analysis of programs interacting with databases.
• Providing training to IS staff in all areas of database development.
• Counseling Systems Analysts on complex database-related issues.
- Keeps abreast of and maintains knowledge of hardware and software technologies pertinent to the needs of PMC and specifically, the database software being utilized and equipment currently in operation by:
• Attending in-services and department meetings; also participating in continuing education and attending seminars as approved.
• Maintaining professional affiliations as appropriate.
• Reading current professional journals and literature.
• Maintaining basic proficiency with programming languages, operational procedures, and applications.
2. Contributes to the overall effectiveness of the Department by:
• Providing excellent customer service at all times. Also, communicating with customers and other staff in a courteous, responsive and helpful manner.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with IS employees.
• Monitoring trends and developments in information technology; also, communicating new technology and enhancements.
• Participating in IS Department process improvement initiatives.
• Maintaining department records, reports, and files and providing database documentation, as required.
• Assisting in the care and maintenance of department facilities, equipment, and supplies.
• Completing other job-related assignments and special projects as directed by the Manager, Director or Vice President/Chief Information Officer (CIO).
1. Requires a high level of knowledge of operating system functionality and database security.
2. Requires the MySQL and Microsoft database administration skills necessary in network monitoring, fine tuning, maintaining, backing up, and restoring databases.
3. Requires the strong analytical skills necessary to gather, analyze, and interpret data in order to identify and resolve database issues.
4. Requires good business skills and works effectively to build working relationships with client departments.
5. Demonstrates the strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, necessary to interact effectively with all levels of PMC staff and vendors in a courteous, responsive, and helpful manner.
6. Experience in relational database administration is desirable.
7. Requires the physical ability and stamina to perform the essential functions of the position.
About Pikeville Medical Center
PMC is a 261-bed tertiary care center offering more than 400 services with over 300 physicians on staff and approximately 2,500 employees. This year we are excited to be celebrating our 90th year of service to the community and surrounding area. We are currently members of the Mayo Clinic Care Network; an association that we believe is extremely beneficial to our patients, as well as our physicians. We are proud to offer all specialties and nearly all sub-specialty services. PMC provides the best comprehensive benefits package you will find anywhere and a quality work life like no other.
Pikeville Medical Center is preparing to receive a Level II Trauma accreditation by early summer of 2015. Last year the hospital received more than100 air transfers and over 700 ambulance transfers with trauma patients.
PMC has been recognized by the U.S. News & World Report as one of the best regional referral centers. Modern HealthCare Magazine recently selected PMC as one of the Top 40 Hottest HealthCare based on our financial growth. Moody Investors Service has recently reaffirmed PMC with the A3 long-term rating with a stable outlook. This confirmed our financial growth and stability. While other hospitals are being down-graded by Moody Investors Service, PMC stands firm and continues to experience growth resulting in our need for more well-trained staff.
Mon, 22 May 2017 07:49:59 PDT