Machine Learning Scientist
We are seeking a Research Scientist with significant experience in machine learning, machine vision, natural language processing and spatial data. In this role, the Developer will drive research into complex problems. The candidate will bring new and innovative ideas to the group and see them from proof-of-concept to complete solution
The Research Scientist will have strong and effective communications skills to coordinate across the team to meet very aggressive goals. These communication skills will be critical when partnering with other research team members to insure effective collaboration and drive innovation.
The Research Scientist will work with a small, focused team to meet aggressive performance and schedule goals for a variety of research projects.
- Contribution of innovative and exciting solutions
- Rapid testing of ideas for efficient no/no go decision making
- Complete development from idea to solution
- Working with the team, you will develop novel techniques for understanding spatial data
- Using web crawling and other approaches, you will build a library of relevant information for training sets and other applications
- You will develop approaches to structuring and understanding industry standard data (currently no such thing exists)
- Working with industry experts, you will gain a deep understanding of their craft and find novel ways to augment it
- BS in Computer Science, Physics or similar required. MS or PhD preferred.
- 5 years of professional experience in data science, machine vision or similar field. 10 years preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in natural language processing a strong plus.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (less than 20%)
- Experience in web crawling, data mining considered a strong plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comfortable working under an NDA
- Python, deep knowledge of relevant packages, numpy, scipy etc. - minimum 5 years
- R, Matlab or similar a plus
- C, C#, Java a plus
- git, standard version control
Los Angeles, CA
Mon, 22 May 2017 03:13:27 PDT