Reports to the IST Director of Technology. Utilizes knowledge of network infrastructure to support LAN/WAN/RF/wireless connectivity solutions for PMC. Responsibilities include monitoring all aspects of the network, maximizing network availability, and implementing and configuring network hardware and software. Responsibility and autonomy in the areas defined below and also train and act as a mentor to other Network Engineers, perform project management for small to large projects, and utilize process improvement techniques
1. Monitors and maintains all aspects of the network, maximizes network availability, and solves network-related issues in a timely manner by:
• Troubleshooting and resolving network problems and maintaining network hardware and software.
• Reviewing error logs and identifying trends in network issues to avoid future problems.
• Communicating with other IST team members and vendors to resolve operational or technical network problems.
• Utilizing appropriate tools to collect data on the status of network hardware and software.
• Monitoring network performance and LAN/WAN/RF/wireless equipment and connections.
• Monitoring and configuring remote access for end users and vendors from a network perspective; also, monitoring and maintaining security for the LAN/WAN/RF/wireless network.
• Facilitating the timely delivery of solutions which meet the end-user departments' needs.
• Providing support for the network by being on call 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
2. Coordinates network implementations, upgrades and updates by:
• Participating in conducting needs assessments related to network technologies.
• Performing hardware/software installations and configurations related to network technologies.
• Maintaining current network configurations and continually looking for ways to improve network performance.
• Following IST change control / management policies and procedures and completes all appropriate documentation.
• Calling vendor support when necessary to coordinate appropriate resources.
- Participating in preparation for all aspects of network implementations, upgrades, and updates.
- Communicating with other IST team members or vendors regarding network implementations, upgrades, and updates.
3. Recommending solutions or alternatives to meet PMC needs by:
• Identifying opportunities for improvement in technology or operations.
• Exercising judgment within defined departmental procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Training IST team members in the use of PMC's network technology.
• Participating in identifying and developing solutions that will meet the end-user departments' needs in the most effective and efficient manner.
• Providing ongoing guidance and assistance as necessary.
• Participating in process redesign and documentation.
4. Provides training and mentoring to other Network Engineers as requested by the IST Manager by:
• Providing training and mentoring to Network Engineers in all areas of network analysis, change management, and basic project management and process improvement techniques.
• Counseling Network Engineers on highly complex support and project implementation issues.
• Undertaking special projects at the direction of an IST Manager, Director or the CIO.
• Leading projects from initiation through finalization.
- Maintains knowledge, skills and competence in areas of responsibility and keeps abreast of current trends and developments in network software and hardware technologies by:
- Monitoring trends and developments in new technology and enhancements; also, communicating with IST management about these trends, etc.
- Keeping ahead of network technology changes and helping to design the network future state (which includes design and support).
- Attending in-services and Department meetings; also participating in continuing education and attending conferences and other related educational programs as appropriate.
- Maintaining professional affiliations as appropriate.
- Reading current professional literature and journals.
2. Contributes to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Department by:
• Providing excellent customer service at all times. Also, communicating with customers and other team members in a courteous, responsive and helpful manner.
• Maintaining records, reports and files as required by departmental policies and procedures.
• Assisting with the care and maintenance of Department facilities, equipment and supplies.
. Working cooperatively with other Department team members on a variety of projects.
• Completing other job-related assignments and special projects as assigned
1. Requires knowledge of network topologies, network software and hardware; also requires network operating system knowledge.
2. Requires the analytical and problem-solving skills needed to effectively support a complex network environment.
3. Demonstrates good, detailed, organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
4. Requires a solid understanding of PMC departmental operations and how they interact with each other in a computerized environment.
5. Demonstrates the communication skills (both written and verbal) necessary to communicate effectively with PMC team members at all levels.
6. Demonstrates the interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with all levels of PMC team members and vendors and assist with developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
7. Demonstrates the leadership skills necessary to elicit cooperation and support from other team members.
8. Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e., to lift, hold and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds, use common computer hand tools, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position (for example, running wire and installing hardware in racks).
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
An associates degree or equivalent is preferred. One year vocational training and certification to work on computers is preferred. Must have five years of networking experience.
About Pikeville Medical Center
PMC is a 261-bed tertiary care center offering more than 400 services with over 300 physicians on staff and approximately 2,500 employees. This year we are excited to be celebrating our 90th year of service to the community and surrounding area. We are currently members of the Mayo Clinic Care Network; an association that we believe is extremely beneficial to our patients, as well as our physicians. We are proud to offer all specialties and nearly all sub-specialty services. PMC provides the best comprehensive benefits package you will find anywhere and a quality work life like no other.
Pikeville Medical Center is preparing to receive a Level II Trauma accreditation by early summer of 2015. Last year the hospital received more than100 air transfers and over 700 ambulance transfers with trauma patients.
PMC has been recognized by the U.S. News & World Report as one of the best regional referral centers. Modern HealthCare Magazine recently selected PMC as one of the Top 40 Hottest HealthCare based on our financial growth. Moody Investors Service has recently reaffirmed PMC with the A3 long-term rating with a stable outlook. This confirmed our financial growth and stability. While other hospitals are being down-graded by Moody Investors Service, PMC stands firm and continues to experience growth resulting in our need for more well-trained staff.
Mon, 22 May 2017 07:47:08 PDT