Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The Division of Cardiology has an opening for a full-time Professional Research Assistant to complete work at the Anschutz Medical Campus located in Aurora, CO within the Division of Cardiology and the Consortium for Fibrosis Research & Translation (CFReT).
Research position in a molecular cardiology laboratory. Research in the lab focuses on molecular mechanisms of heart failure and fibrosis.
The individual hired into this position will report to Dr. Timothy McKinsey, Associate Professor of Medicine and Director of the CFReT.
Examples of Work Performed:
Duties will involve maintaining a mouse colony, small animal surgery, animal dosing and echocardiographic analysis of cardiac function in rodents.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- A BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or similar, is required. Work will be performed at the Anschutz Medical Campus at Fitzsimons.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior experience with rodent echocardiography is required. The individual will be required to accurately record and interpret data, perform basic statistical analyses, and be knowledgeable in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Master's degree in an appropriate discipline (e.g. molecular or cellular biology, molecular pharmacology, biochemistry).
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 9627
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20169 - SOM-MED-Cardiology
Posting Date: May 22, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Dennis Evans
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00050132