Academic Preparation P20 Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
$40,300 - $50,100
The goal of Academic Preparation P20 Program is to address academic inequalities and performance disparities of students and improve students' academic achievement through collaborative efforts. Through workshops and presentations such as time management, note-taking, and test-taking the Coordinator will provide middle school participants and families with information to ensure students are academic prepared and college-ready. This is a one year (12 month) career position with possibility of extension depending upon funding and program needs.
Knowledge of higher education institutions (UC, CSU, CC, etc.), admissions and financial aid requirements, and the ability to interpret policies and procedures to youth, parents, and school representatives.
Experience advising and supporting educationally disadvantaged and academically at-risk students regarding postsecondary opportunities and careers.
Knowledge and understanding of K-14 education.
Thorough knowledge of high school graduation and college entrance requirements.
Knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population, and sensitivity to culture, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status.
Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with school district administrators, school counselors, principals, teachers, and community contacts.
Bilingual - Spanish.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview