Instructor to Assistant Teaching Professor
Job ID 20554
Full/Part Time Full-Time
The University of Missouri Sinclair School Of Nursing in Columbia, MO seeks applicants for a faculty position primarily responsible for instructing in Pediatrics and/or Psychiatric/Mental Health, and may include other instructional activities in the master's and DNP programs.
Student support in advising and participating on School of Nursing committees and student committees will be required. Working with students on doctoral projects will be required for an Assistant Teaching Professor rank.
School and University Information
• Faculty continue to have high scholarly productivity compared to all the Association of American Universities (AAU) public institutions.
• MU Sinclair School of Nursing has been ranked #1 nursing school in the country (College Atlas Encyclopedia of Higher Education)
• The MU Sinclair School of Nursing (MUSSON) is in the top 20 for e-learning (US News & World Report).
• US News & World Report Annual Guide ranks MU's Master's nursing program in the top 16% of 285 programs evaluated.
• 19 faculty are Fellows in the American Academy of Nursing.
• MU degree programs: BSN, RN-BSN, Accelerated BSN, MS(N), DNP and PhD.
• RN-BSN, MS(N), DNP and PhD courses are distance-mediated.
• A member of the Association of American Universities (AAU) since 1908; the University of Missouri supports interdisciplinary research.
• The Sinclair School of Nursing is a vital part of the University's academic health care center, which includes the School of Medicine, the School of Health Professions, University Health Care and University Physicians.
Questions may be addressed to:
Amy Vogelsmeier, PhD, RN Associate Professor
Chelsea Carleton, HR Specialist
Preparation in Family, Pediatrics & Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner; Pediatrics & Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist; and Nursing Leadership & Innovations in Health Care. Doctoral degree in nursing is preferred. Prior teaching experience including online teaching experience is also preferred. All candidates should be able to teach in the undergraduate and graduate program.
Rank and salary are competitive and commensurate with professional background and experience.
Apply online with a cover letter, contact information for four references and curriculum vitae. Formal review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.