This position is for an experienced controller with direct oversight of accounting staff, reporting to the CFO. Experience with construction, payroll and benefits a plus. This position requires a systems-savvy individual with a high managerial acumen and technical skills.
The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversees Job Cost Accounting, WIP review, AP, Payroll, HR administration
- Timely review of monthly, annual operating results to ensure completeness and accuracy with all variances identified and addressed.
- Internal and external reporting for audit and tax filings.
- Responsible for accurate GL maintenance for construction projects and subsidiary ledgers.
- Oversee cash management functions for multiple operating entities.
- Assist in staff training, counseling and evaluations to ensure department objectives are met.
- Ad hoc budgeting, reporting and analysis.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required, CPA and MBA a plus. Construction accounting experience required.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, Federal and State tax and employment regulations.
- Microsoft Excel savvy with ability to create/edit advanced MS Excel spreadsheets involving complex formulas, lookups, pivot tables, and links required.
- Sage 300 CRE/Timberline (Payroll, Job Cost, AP, CM modules) and Viewpoint experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, accurate and detail oriented team player.
- Must know how to hire, terminate, train a complete accounting department.
- At least 10 years accounting and 5 years as a legitimate controller / CFO.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Fitness Center.