Women's Assistant Soccer Coach
Women's Assistant Soccer Coach
About Mills College:
Located in the foothills of Oakland, California, in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, Mills College is a nationally renowned independent liberal arts college for women with graduate programs for women and men. Since 1852, weve been empowering students to become creative, independent thinkers who take and inspire action. For more information, visit http://www.mills.edu/.
The Mills College Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (APER) department offers six NCAA Division III womens varsity sports including cross country, rowing, soccer, swimming, tennis and volleyball. The soccer team is a member of the American Collegiate Athletic Conference. APER offers about 25 Physical Education courses for credit each semester, and a wide variety of recreational and fitness opportunities.
- Assist with planning, organizing, supervising and implementing all aspects of the Mills College intercollegiate athletics team as directed by the head coach. This could include but is not limited to assisting with coaching players, recruiting, scheduling, and making travel arrangements
- Assist head coach with providing instruction as well as motivating and communicating with team members
- Drive team in Mills College vehicles
- Comply with NCAA Division III and Mills College rules and regulations
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 1 to 2 years of experience in the sport, preferably as a collegiate student-athlete
- Coaching/ teaching experience preferred
- Ability to travel with the team and drive a Mills vehicle
- Willingness to obtain/ maintain a current California drivers license
- Ability to work flexible hours, including many early mornings, and some afternoons, evenings and weekends
- Obtain/maintain current Standard First Aid and CPR-AED certification
- Complete criminal background check.
- Skills to coach students with a wide range of athletic abilities, life experiences and goals
- Strong commitment to NCAA Division III philosophy and to creating transformative learning opportunities
- Affirming, growth-oriented, and motivates student-athletes to reach their potential as students, athletes and whole human beings
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships within a diverse and multicultural environment
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective customer service orientation towards all persons contacted during the course of job performance
Compensation at $12.86 per hour, maximum budget of $6,691 for the year. Approximately 10 to 20 hours per week from mid-August through mid-November with minimal hours during the spring. Includes state-mandated benefits: Social Security, State Disability Insurance, Workers Compensation Insurance, and Unemployment Insurance.
Mills College does not permit discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information on Mills non-discrimination policy, please go to http://www.mills.edu/administration/administrative_offices/policies/nondiscrimination.php
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and the contact information for three references, and the Mills College Application Form at http://mills.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=84705
Review of candidates will begin immediately; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.