Associate Director of Financial Aid
Associate Director of Financial Aid
About Mills College:
Located in the foothills of Oakland, California, in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, Mills College is a nationally renowned independent liberal arts college for women with graduate programs for women and men. Since 1852, we've been empowering students to become creative, independent thinkers who take and inspire action. For more information, visit http://www.mills.edu.
Reports to: Director of Financial Aid
Direct reports:Financial Aid Processor and student employees
Summary of Position:
Under the supervision of the Director of Financial Aid, has primary responsibility for the day-to-day management of financial aid operations and programs. Implement, supervise, and evaluate activities to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of financial aid from federal, state, and institutional programs. In collaboration with the Director, the Associate Director will help to create a team approach to the integrated delivery of services. Administers the Federal Direct Loan, Federal Perkins Loan, and private loan programs. As a member of the M Center team, will respond to student, prospective student and parent inquiries related to financial aid, academic records, student billing and student accounts. The individual in this position advances some of the goals set out in the Mills Strategic Plan by ensuring effective, up to date, and accurate operations in financial aid and increasing educational access for students.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan, organize, and direct day-to-day financial aid operations and supervise personnel who carry out these duties.
- Ensure compliance with federal/state regulations pertaining to the Federal Direct Loan, Federal Perkins Loan, and private loan programs. Coordinate the awarding and disbursement of these financial aid funds. Verify academic progress and other requirements for disbursement and place holds and checks as necessary.
- Ensure federal and/or state reconciliation and reporting requirements are met in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordinate the awarding of financial aid functions.
- Coordinate the federal verification review process and ensure compliance with all documentation and review requirements.
- Provide related on-the-job training to staff as needed.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; interview and select employees and recommend transfers, reassignment, termination, and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal and state grant and loan programs and need analysis formulas and regulations. In consultation with Director of Financial Aid, recommend policy and procedural changes to ensure compliance with changing regulations.
- Coordinate workflow processes to ensure the smooth and timely delivery of financial aid to new and continuing students.
- Serve as resource person for application requirements, financial need analysis, awarding, disbursement, and advising functions.
- Determine student eligibility for financial assistance by performing needs analysis utilizing federal methodology; assure compliance with federal and state regulations and institutional guidelines; exercise professional judgment; analyze tax forms and other financial documents to determine family financial strength; counsel students and parents on matters affecting their ability to finance a college education.
- Assist with the monitoring of the academic progress for financial aid students in accordance with federal and institutional guidelines; notify students failing to meet established satisfactory standards; review and approve academic plans, prepare warning and probation letters, and advise students regarding exceptions.
- In the Director's absence, act on the Director's behalf to provide policy interpretation and conflict resolution.
- Provide information to prospective and current undergraduate, graduate and certificate students and parents regarding application procedures for financial aid, methods used to determine eligibility, requirements for continued eligibility, disbursement and appeal procedures and related financial aid matters.
- Prepare and deliver financial aid presentations for current and prospective students.
- Collaborate with departments across campus to maintain excellent customer service to students.
- Oversee the management of financial aid email boxes.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer, utilizing a wide range of related software. Enter and analyze data. Implement new software applications.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships within a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Establish and maintain an effective customer service orientation towards all persons contacted during the course of job performance.
- Maintain safe work conditions and comply with established safety policies, practices, procedures and requirements.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Analyze software applications to streamline/improve processing and coordinate projects to support automated processing.
- Creating and documenting policies and procedures for functions under the supervision of the Associate Director.
- Planning, organization, and direction of the Financial Aid operations of the College.
- Title IV regulations governing federal student aid.
- Need analysis methodology.
- Student Information System(s), preferably Ellucian Banner.
- Federal tax laws and other laws, rules and regulations related to financial aid.
- Award packaging formulas.
- Federal and state financial aid websites (ie: COD, NSLDS, CPS, WebGrants)
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Safety policies, practices, procedures and requirements of the department, College, and Illness and Injury Prevention Plan.
- Bachelor's degree in social science or related field.
- Four years' or more experience in a financial aid environment.
Mills College does not permit discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information on Mills' non-discrimination policy, please go to http://www.mills.edu/administration/administrative_offices/policies/nondiscrimination.php
To apply, please submit the following at http://mills.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=84649
- cover letter
- contact information for three professional references
- salary requirements