Assistant Director of Global Recruiting
Assistant Director of Global Recruiting
Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Posting Number: S00870
Benefits Eligible?: Yes
Hiring Minimum: $50,193
Location: MIIS at Monterey Main Campus
Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening: Criminal Background check
This position, as a part of the MIIS student recruitment team, is responsible for school-wide student recruitment activities and achieving institutional enrollment objectives. Recruiting activities include, but are not limited to, telephone and email correspondence with prospective students, referral generation, participation in education expos, advising prospective students and applicants, and yield management. This is a full-time staff position.
• Customer Relationship Management and prospect/lead processing (80%)
• Manage all conversion activities for assigned prospects throughout the enrollment cycle and admissions process (initial contact, enrollment advisement meetings, telephone and email follow-up, online chats, targeted pushes, hospitality weekends, etc.) towards deadlines.
• Follow the MIIS Recruitment guidelines to insure outstanding service to all prospective students including careful tracking of all initial lead sources.
• Work with alumni and current students to actively identify qualified prospects to add to the MIIS student database. Work with manager to develop and implement a personal referral strategy.
• Represent MIIS through presentations at on-campus events, fairs, receptions, public forums and tours.
• Active involvement in marketing planning process, segmenting prospective leads in promotional events, providing support for all areas of the plan including strategy, volume, best practice sharing, and application projections.
• Initiate and maintain productive working relationships with other departments who are influential to prospective student application decisions.
• Coordinate with Admissions staff to ensure seamless transition from prospective student to applicant status.
• Assist in yielding admitted students.
• Travel (domestic and international) up to 25%
• Manage or assist on projects as assigned.
• Serve on institutional task force committees as assigned.
A combination of education and experience which would demonstrate possession of skills required for the position. A typical way to meet these requirements would be a Bachelor's Degree in education management, or related course of study supplemented with at least 1-2 years in Higher Education recruitment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read and develop written correspondence and good oral communication with prospective students. Ability to develop and deliver presentations to individuals and groups during marketing and recruitment events and/or tours.
Strong interpersonal / communication skills, working knowledge of admission processes a plus. Relationship based sales experience preferred. Proficiency with PC applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point. Experience with contact management systems (such as SalesForce) a plus. Willing to travel and work occasional weekends. Team player, assertive, adaptable, professional.
Valid driver's license.
1-2 years' experience in higher education and / or marketing and sales-related field.
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete an online application and attach all required documents.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V
- Additional Document 1
- Additional Document 2
Apply now at https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/15283