Mgr Labor Relations
Grade: T27 The Manager of Labor Relations assists the Director of Labor Relations in the negotiation and administration of Temple's various collective bargaining agreements. The Manager investigates and reviews grievances; conducts grievance hearings and Meet & Discuss meetings; provides grievance responses and decisions. Maintains complete and appropriate documentation of each grievance cases with special attention to those with arbitration potential; assist Director and Legal Counsel in preparing for and participating in arbitration proceedings. Advises supervisors in contract and work rule interpretations. Meets with various union representatives periodically to remain current on labor issues, grievances and contract provisions and to represent Temple University in union interactions. Advises the Director of potential labor issues and recommends remedial actions as appropriate. Assist with the development and maintenance of a database for tracking labor and employee relations activity. Performs other duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience: Bachelors degree and at least 5 years of employee/labor relations or directly related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated success in negotiating, administering, and interpreting union contracts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state labor and employment laws. Demonstrated ability to analyze labor relations issues accurately as well as provide advice in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks including counseling managers and employees on the interpretation of policies, procedures and the labor agreements.
- Advanced organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills. Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and personal relations skills required.
- Experience in a university or healthcare setting.