Summary of the Position
This position specifically supports the mission of the Registrar's office by sharing leadership responsibility for graduate students related to: graduation, records maintenance, prerequisite checking, website updates, and coding for Degree Works. The position will provide direct service to students, faculty, and other Bentley constituents to ensure a positive experience for all. This person will manage a wide variety of highly specialized and complex procedures.
1. Process approved graduate program changes, including incorporating them in the Ellucian Banner and Degree Works databases and creating degree audit worksheets.
2. Process foundation course waivers for applicable new students in the Banner database.
3. Analyze graduate student records for prerequisite course violations, and communicate with affected students.
4. Reconcile Graduate Admissions files with Ellucian Banner student files to ensure all files have been transferred appropriately and students are correctly coded.
5. Create and post to the web site the registration materials for Graduate registration.
6. Meet with Registrar's Office staff to go over scheduling materials so they know what to expect and how to respond to queries.
7. Contact graduate students who have not registered for three or more terms to determine if they will continue or not. Inactivate the student record if necessary.
8. Annually, run and analyze a report of students who are getting close to their degree expiration dates and notify them accordingly.
9. Make adjustments that have been approved by the Graduate School for individual students to their curricular worksheets in Degree Works.
10. Work with the Associate Registrar for Graduate programs to code (“scribe”) any changes to the curriculum in Degree Works.
11. Train work study students and staff in the use of the Registrar's Office scanning software, and be the point of contact for other offices using Image Now that might need assistance.
12. Assist in the degree audit process for Graduate students. This includes auditing records and contacting students or faculty to try to resolve outstanding issues. Students whose issues cannot be resolved will be made ineligible, and the Assistant Registrar will notify offices that need to be made aware.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience Requirements)
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
Experience: 1-3 years of relevant work experience
Microsoft Office skills
Experience using Degree Works and Banner. Ability to manage multiple projects, problem solving skills, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, good interpersonal skills and an understanding of curricular requirements.
At least 50% of the time is spent at the computer. Accuracy, understanding and speed are of utmost importance. Assignments should be completed in a timely and efficient manner. Volume of work should be produced at a level established for the position. Position requires dexterity, coordination, speed and accuracy to complete assigned tasks.
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.