University Minister, Coordinator of Social Justice Formation
University Ministry at Lewis University invites applications for a full-time University Minister, Coordinator of Social Justice Formation to develop and support programs that encourage students to live and understand social justice from a Catholic perspective.
University Ministry, in harmony with Lewis' Catholic and Lasallian identity, embraces and nurtures enlightened religious experience within our community. University Ministry's primary focus is to be a sign and instrument of the Gospel. We seek to light our students' hearts on fire for God's Kingdom valuing faith, service and community. For additional information on Lewis as an institution, please see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Lead pilgrimages to locations significant to the movement for social justice during breaks and in May
- Organize the Catalyst Social Justice Team & Retreat
- Moderate a chapter of Catholic Relief Services or another organization that promotes social justice
- Write an annual Social Justice Education plan for the next 2-4 years
- Collect data on students involved with social justice education for program development and institutional reporting
- Serve on a Diocesan Committee related to Social Justice
- Lead a faith sharing group
- Participate in Sunday liturgies, weekly staff meetings, Visit Day and Open House Days; provide guidance in pastoral conversations with students and staff; and be a pastoral presence in residence halls and common areas
Minimum Qualifications: Must have expertise in Catholic social teaching and knowledge of organizations which work for justice. Must have a demonstrated ability to energize and organize students to work for social justice and to design programs in such a way so as to develop students’ Christian faith. Possess organizational & project management skills. Must have the ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team. Must have outstanding oral and written communication skills. Bachelor’s degree (required) or Master’s degree (highly preferred) related to pastoral ministry (theology, pastoral studies, religious education, divinity).
Preferred Qualifications: Grant writing experience.
How to apply:
For a full description and to apply visit: https://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2232
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.