Temporary Staff: Custodian
POSITION: Temporary Staff: Custodian
DEPARTMENT: HOD- Housekeeping
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
For ALL Faculty Positions - An unofficial/student copy of your transcript must be submitted along with your on-line application if the position you are applying for requires a degree and/or certificate. Official transcripts are required when you begin employment.
For Staff Positions - If you are applying for a position that requires a degree and/or certificate, an official transcript will be required when you begin employment.
***International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services***
If you are applying for a position that requires current Licensures/Certificates- a copy must be submitted along with your on-line application. Official current licensures/certificates will be required when you begin employment.
Please feel free to submit any electronic documents with your on-line application as an attachment.
ANTICIPATED SALARY RANGE: $10.00 per hour
In this challenging role, you will support the Custodial Services department at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- Vacuum college facilities. Clean college facilities to include but not limited to classrooms, labs, meeting rooms, offices, building entrances, stairwells, industrial shop areas. Sanitize restrooms.
- Remove trash and debris from college facilities
- Collect and deliver to designated collection points cardboard, plastic, and other recycling items for sorting, baling and delivery to material recovery facilities.
- Police areas outside of buildings for litter and other debris.
- Keep custodial equipment clean and functional. Report to lead custodian or supervisor if any equipment is not functioning properly.
- Assist other college departments as assigned by lead custodian or supervisor
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina – and we invite you to consider becoming a part of our team! GTC promotes a respectful campus culture that reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. Visit www.gvltec.edu/diversity to learn more.
High School Diploma; or 10th grade equivalence plus one (1) year related work experience
High School Diploma, Valid SC Driver's License
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must visit https://hr.gvltec.edu/JobPostings.aspx to complete and submit an online application. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed online applications.