Director of Dining Services - WVU Beckley
West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses, is seeking a creative, self-motivated and driven food service professional to lead the dining services operation for the new WVU Beckley campus.
The Director of Dining Services will have the unique opportunity to create and oversee a new customer focused and student centered dining experience for WVU Tech on a new campus in Beckley, WV. This position will be responsible for all aspects associated with leading and managing the universities dining services operations.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Manage the entire dining services campus operation.
- Oversee menu development and pricing structures.
- Manage an operational budget in excess of $1.5 million in revenue.
- Develop long and short range goals and objectives for dining services operations.
- Ensure that all dining services equipment is effectively maintained.
- Direct the purchasing of food, equipment, building supplies, and use of labor to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Coordinate the development of marketing materials to increase profitability of existing resources and promote new ideas to increase the scope of operations.
- Provide a professional chef image, exercises high-level culinary skills, and oversee the execution of high-end events.
- Maintain a clean sanitary workplace in accordance with county, state and federal regulations.
Date of Appointment: Immediate Opening
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately
WVU Tech is a regional division of the West Virginia University system and is located in Beckley, West Virginia. It boasts a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of 17 students, allowing personalized attention in a supportive environment. WVU Tech is ranked first in the state for return on investment, and seventh in the nation in annual ROI for students paying in-state tuition. The campus is near state and national parks and numerous recreational opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in hotel management, business administration, or related field or an Associate's degree from a culinary school plus 2 yrs related experience
- Three (3) years of management & supervision, food preparation and customer service experience in a large-scale food service operation which includes catering, retail food, procurement and inventory cost control, menu planning and marketing
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others is essential
- Experience at an educational campus is preferred
- Background check
- West Virginia Department of Health Food Handler’s permit
- Valid driver’s license
- Sanitation certification from NRA Serve Safe program is preferred
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
: May 18, 2017
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes