Assistant Construction Project Manager or Project Manager
Position Summary: Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Creates and reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Coordinates material procurement and delivery.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel including subcontractors and field labor.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Coordinates material procurement with project team
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others and documents changes that may affect project completion or financial resources of project.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Liaison with owners including negotiating financial disputes and change orders with owners
- Write subcontracts, change orders, meeting minutes
- Manage project budgets
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Achievement Focus - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Managing Customer Focus - Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs. Establishes customer service standards. Monitors customer satisfaction. Promotes customer focus. Provides training in customer service delivery.
- Managing People - Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth. Includes subordinates in planning. Makes self available to subordinates. Provides direction and gains compliance. Provides regular performance feedback. Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities.
- Planning and Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering or two to five years of construction experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public.
- Mathematical Ability: Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and email, knowledge of scheduling software
- Certificates and Licenses: PMP Certification, ASHE Certification, OSHA 30, LEED certification, CQM Certification are a plus
Supervisory Responsibilities: May directly supervise one or more employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level is typically moderate
Opcon is a self performing general contractor that specializes in interior and exterior renovation, facility maintenance, hospital construction, green building and federal contracting. Please check out our website at www.opcon-inc.com. Opcon prides itself on its quality and values. We value our employees, our code of ethics, safety and being environmentally responsible.
Carol Stream, IL
Sun, 21 May 2017 15:37:28 PDT