Academic Data Coach
PERSONAL CHARACTER QUALITIES:
• Commitment to Equity: Passionate about closing the achievement gap and ensuring that every child, regardless of background or circumstance, receives an excellent education
• Leadership: High energy, clear goal orientation, problem solving and strong work ethic. Ability to build capacity in teachers, school leaders and other school coaches through high-trust relationships
• Teamwork: Increases the effectiveness of team efforts through collaboration, constant learning and supporting others; sensitive to diversity in all its forms; respects and is committed to learning from others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Demonstrates knowledge of Imagine Schools' initiatives including: Imagine Schools' Measures of Excellence, the Academic Excellence Framework, Imagine Schools Curriculum Guide, and Character Development Program.
- Demonstrates knowledge of effective use of curriculum, instructional, assessment, and intervention programs and approaches.
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise with peer coaching for individual teachers and professional learning communities.
- Possesses knowledge of the Common Core Standards, or applicable state standards, the instructional shifts and their impact on rigor in classrooms.
- Demonstrates ability to provide engaging, high-quality professional development in various formats aligned to School Excellence Plans and to the focus set forth by the National Academic and Character Team.
- Support: Provides assistance to educators in implementing Imagine Schools' Academic Excellence Framework and related academic and character initiatives.
- Assists with the development and writing of the School Excellence Plan supported by a yearlong aligned professional development plan.
- Collaborates with principal to report progress on the School Excellence Plan
- Assists in collaborative horizontal and vertical planning with grade levels.
- Supports teachers through the coaching cycle to ensure effective instructional delivery
- Assists school leaders and teachers with disaggregating and interpreting assessment data to adjust instruction and to plan effective remediation and enrichment instruction in order to increase student achievement.
- Conducts data chats with individual teachers and/or grade levels using formative and summative data, including the analysis of student work.
- Facilitation: Provides assistance in the implementation of best practices and monitors progress.
- Facilitates, assists and monitors the teachers' use of standards, data, and best teaching practices to impact student achievement.
- Assists teachers in creating effective classroom learning environments and conducts inventory of instructional resources, textbooks and materials.
- Guides the implementation of the national literacy focus and strategies in the School Excellence Plan.
o Reports progress to all stakeholders through regular communication.
- Feedback: Provides oral and written feedback on a regular basis.
- Provides teachers with supportive (non-evaluative) oral and/or written feedback following observations and professional learning.
- Collaborates and plans with teachers using data, including student work, to effectively inform instruction.
- Professional Learning: Provides and participates in professional development for and with school staff, grade levels and departments, individual teachers, and professional learning communities to build capacity for academic and character excellence.
- Provides school staff members engaging, high-quality professional development aligned to the School Excellence Plan and to the focus set forth by the National Academic and Character Team and Council.
- Delivers quality professional development to teachers, including but not limited to:
Grade-level/Individual or cluster instructional planning
Small and whole group professional development
Individual classroom coaching
Lesson Study/ Critical Friends Groups/ Professional Learning Communities
- Participates in group and region-sponsored activities and meetings designed to enhance instruction and to support the coaching cycle and the implementation of the national literacy focus.
• A minimum of 3-5 years teaching experience.
• State teacher certification, license and/or endorsement (preferred).
• Experience in mentoring or coaching.
• Experience in leadership (team leader, department chair, task force chair, committee leader, or other).
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Master's Degree in Education (preferred).
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the standard required for each essential function. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all assigned duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Sun, 21 May 2017 11:27:39 PDT