Shuttle Bus Driver
This is a part-time, as-needed position, and is not eligible to receive all of the benefits normally provided to members of the university staff under the standard University of Colorado benefits programs.
Provide and maintain a safe and secure environment in which academic pursuits may flourish, in accordance with the established goals of the University of Colorado, through service in the following area: TRANSPORTATION SERVICES: Provide daily shuttle services for students to and from far parking lots, provide Charter services to departments needing to transport students/faculty/staff to locations off UCCS property.
- Provide safe, dependable transportation on and around the campus area.
- Be available to drive for other drivers that have called in sick or otherwise.
- Safely assist loading, unloading and securing of persons with disabilities in a professional manner.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections with a high degree of accuracy and safety.
- Fuel buses when required.
- Maintain proper passenger counts and related paperwork.
- Use good judgment when need arises to alter assigned routes due to road conditions and or traffic conditions.
- Be prepared to work any time of day or night, to include weekends.
- Must be flexible to assume other duties as assigned.
- There are no Logs or Overnight trips.
- Drivers are scheduled from 06:30am to 11:00pm for campus routes. Drivers also are scheduled Charter services 7 days a week.
- Assist with cleaning of vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Drug Free Workplace
- Pre-Placement Physical
- Engage regardless of ethnic, racial, political, gender, religious, intellectual background
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision
- Interpret and apply related federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations
- Customer service concepts and techniques to meet or exceed customer need and expectations
- Techniques for providing excellent service to all customers
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Hourly Pay: $14.69
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check
- Maintain current and valid Colorado DOT Physical Card and CDL Class A or B with P2 endorsement, no air brake restrictions.
- Routinely pass random drug and alcohol screens.
- Transportation experience in a Higher Education environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Position is open until June 30, 2017. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40094 - VCAF-Parking Operations
Posting Date: Mar 23, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Claudia Ryan
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00732332