Assistant Vice Chancellor for Enrollment and Student Access
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Enrollment and Student Access
Position #350581 - Requisition #08961
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado DenverAnschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Enrollment and Student Access.
The University of Colorado Denver is in the midst of strong undergraduate growth, particular with underserved communities. The Assistant Vice Chancellor of Enrollment and Student Access provides critical leadership, guidance, facilitation, coordination, oversight and evaluation of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment, K-12 Outreach, Pre-collegiate Program Development and Financial Aid. This position plays an integral part in shaping the undergraduate enrollment strategy for the University of Colorado Denver.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The Assistant Vice Chancellor will ensure that all undergraduate university admissions, recruitment; K-12 outreach, pre-collegiate program development and financial aid efforts are collaborative and complement each other. The Assistant Vice Chancellor reports directly to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and is a member of the Division of Student Affairs leadership team. This position identifies, builds and nurtures relationships with all levels within the university and with on and off campus colleagues to meet and exceed performance expectations.
- Leads and develops staff, policies, standards and processes for managing recruitment and outreach efforts and operations of units that will provide comprehensive undergraduate admissions and recruitment, K-12 outreach, customer service, financial aid support and pre-collegiate development while providing appropriate compliance with institutional, regulatory and accreditation agencies.
- Leads, initiates, develops and creates modifications to processes, practices and technology systems that will provide exceptional service to customers and exceed institutional outcomes.
- Develop unit's short and long-range financial and leadership objectives.
- Provide administrative leadership, planning and budget oversight.
- Provides a supportive work environment and opportunities for staff development.
- Establish and measure employee and unit performance standards.
- Works effectively with deans, department chairs, faculty, senior administrators, staff, students and all stakeholders on and off-campus to collaborate and exceed student service and success.
- Align resources and streamline functions across units to accomplish and exceed the goals and objectives of the university.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We especially welcome applications from candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.
The ideal candidate for this position will have earned an advanced degree in higher education, educational leadership, business administration, public administration or a closely related field. Candidates with a bachelor's degree and long-term management-level student services and student recruitment experience will also be considered.
The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including:
- Direct responsibility for student services and student recruitment and/or related services in higher education.
- Experience in supervising professional and administrative staff.
- Experience in managing and working with a department budget.
- A terminal degree with preference in educational leadership or higher education.
- Student affairs and enrollment experience at an institution at a comprehensive urban campus.
- Documented experience in developing, implementing and evaluating unit budgets, goals and strategic planning.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of university admissions process, K-12 outreach, pre-collegiate outreach development programs policies and practices and financial aid.
- Ability to work effectively with many individuals and units on and off campus.
- Exceptional leadership, budget management and interpersonal skills.
- A leadership style that promotes collaboration and cooperation.
- Commitment to excellence, creativity and innovation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and maintain interpersonal relationships within an ethnically and culturally diverse urban learning environment with a commitment to inclusion, diversity and respect.
- Documented experience in developing, implementing and evaluating unit goals and strategic planning.
- Computer proficiency including MS Office, social media and CRM experience.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple projects simultaneously.
- Eagerness to acquire new skills.
- Dependable, team-oriented and a self-starter.
- Ability to manage and coach team members and develop staff.
- Skilled track record leading, supervising, evaluating, hiring and resolving staff performance problems.
- Ability to think strategically and aptitude for managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Jan Gascoigne at Jan.Gascoigne@ucdenver.edu
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by April 30, 2017. Those who do not apply by April 30, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Executive
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30040 - AVCASA-SA Student Affairs
Posting Date: Mar 23, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jan Gascoigne
Posting Contact Email: Jan.Gascoigne@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00350581