Budget and Operations Manager - Strategic Communications
8AM - 5PM
$72,750 - $87,000
UC Riverside Office of Strategic Communications is responsible for creating integrated programs that publicize and support the university's mission of teaching, research and service to audiences through first-person communication, programs and publications. Strategic Communications has a program budget of approximately $800,000 and a staff of approximately 25. Reporting to the Assistant Vice Chancellor, Strategic Communications the Budget and Operations Manager is responsible for working with the Strategic Communications leadership team to create the annual budget (including projecting based on actual events, providing cost benefit analyses, reviewing and making recommendations, etc.) and monitoring the progress throughout the year with periodic variance reports for the team. Becoming a trusted member of the leadership team helps the incumbent provide credible forecasts and trends, obstacles and potential challenges. Additionally, the position is responsible for the coordination of other departmental activities (purchasing, accounts payables, etc.) to enable the organization to run smoothly. The position will provide supervision and guidance to department's administrative staff. The Budget and Operations Manager works very closely with University Advancement's central finance/accounting and human resources functions. May be called upon to draft job descriptions, assist with the recruitment process, and other personnel related actions as necessary. Please Note: Candidates will be asked to complete a skills assessment as part of the application process. Cover Letter required.
Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
Has ability to independently gather required information, organize, and perform financial analysis assignments.
Ability to work independently and follow through on project completion.
Demonstrated ability to manipulate a high volume of complex data.
Proven ability to use spreadsheet and database software for complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Proven interpersonal skills with peers throughout the organization; service orientation; critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview