8AM - 5PM
$58,500 - $72,750
This position provides executive level support to the Vice Chancellor for Research and Economic Development and serves as a resource to the Vice Chancellor's Office staff. The incumbent must maintain a professional, positive, and open environment reflective of the Vice Chancellor's priorities and management style. Independent judgment, an understanding of the academic and administrative issues with which the Vice Chancellor is concerned, and excellent interpersonal skills are required to represent the Vice Chancellor. The incumbent must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality, tact, and decisiveness while working under the pressure of constantly changing priorities, unanticipated urgent demands, and multiple tasks and projects with competing deadlines. Computer based pre-employment assessments will be part of the selection process.
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of common organization-specific computer applications.
Political acumen and sensitivities to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization as well as the Office of the President and external constituencies.
Advanced analytical/problem-solving skills.
Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Advising and counseling skills.
Knowledge of federal regulations such as FERPA.
Ability to use a high level of discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
Small to mid-level project management skills.
Advanced service orientation.
Strong skills to communicate and influence effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, alumni/donors, students and external constituents, both verbally and in writing.
Advanced knowledge of the organization's processes, protocols and procedures.
Knowledge of federal agencies such as NSF, NIH, DOE, etc.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview