Assistant Registrar for Scheduling, Courses, and Degree Audit
8AM - 5PM
$60,100 - $89,200
The Assistant Registrar supervises and is primarily responsible for all aspects of academic scheduling, the course inventory and approval process and the degree audit. As a member of the office management team, this positions plays a key role in creating an office environment that engages the office staff, builds efficiencies to support the campus needs, and services the academic community with a high standard of customer service.
Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with campus departments, UC campuses and external agencies.
Organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines. Project management skills.
Proficiency with standard office software internet, and email applications.
Experience using complex databases; ability to define specifications for database programming. Proficiency manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data.
Skill in analyzing and applying academic policy to office operations and incorporating creativity to meet client needs.
Ability to interpret complex policies and develop procedures to ensure compliance in a diverse learning community.
Advanced knowledge of advising and counseling techniques to deal with challenging issues from constituents.
Advanced skills in problem identification, critical thinking, and problem solving skills; judgment and decision-making ability. Ability to assess business processes, identifies operational gaps, and implements improvements.
Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Active listening skills. Customer service orientation. Interpersonal skills.
Ability to identity opportunities for operational improvement, suggesting innovative solutions (particularly technology-based solutions), and implementing them in collaboration with campus partners and existing structures/constraints.
Advanced working knowledge of policies, regulations, and practices with registration management, student records management and retention.
Knowledge in selecting and training staff, setting goals and evaluating performance, providing timely and helpful guidance and feedback, assigning and managing a unit's workload ensuring accuracy and timely completion of tasks.
Advanced specialized knowledge of particular Registrar core functions.
Knowledge to maintain the functional set up and using College Net's Series 25/25 Live scheduling software and Ellucian's Banner and Degree Works software.
Advanced knowledge of University policies, processes, and procedures, including those related to supervising employees, and of Federal and California laws pertaining to the privacy rights of students and access to student information.
Familiarity with a formal course approval process at a large institution and a distributed academic scheduling model.
Strong knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview