Systems Analyst 2
~~Systems Analyst 2
Under general supervision, provides intermediate system-level support of multi-user operating systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of these systems. Requires advanced knowledge of systems analysis. May recommend systems purchases.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collects information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
2. Investigates, plans, implements, tests, and debugs operating system software.
3. Analyzes and evaluates present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs.
4. Prepares detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes.
5. Researches and recommends hardware and software development, purchase, and use.
6. Troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration.
7. Provides advanced technical assistance and maintenance support to departmental end users.
8. Documents projects and writes user instructions.
9. Uses judgment in selecting among authorized procedures and seeks assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise.
10. May supervise and/or lead lower graded staff and/or student employees.
11. Records and maintains hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing, and user access and security.
12. Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
13. Performs problem resolution and provides on-call support for computer/network systems.
14. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Bachelor's degree; at least 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.OR Successful completion of at least 60 college-level credit hours; at least 4 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.OR High school diploma or GED; at least 6 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
• Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
• Records maintenance skills.
• Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of PC and/or mainframe applications and systems.
• Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot system software.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
• Ability to develop systems solutions for operational problems.
• Ability to supervise and train assigned staff.
• Knowledge of a broad range of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications, and/or equipment.
• Knowledge of computer security procedures and protocol.
• Ability to document work in progress.
• Knowledge of computer flow charts and of programming logic and codes.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
• Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
• Ability to determine the nature of computer hardware and systems software problems, and to communicate technical guidance and information to users.
• Knowledge of federal copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software.
• Position Requires: a) Providing advanced technical assistance and maintenance support to end users; b) Using judgment in selecting among authorized procedures; c) Analyzing and evaluating present or proposed business procedures or problems; and d) Researching and recommending hardware and software development, purchase, and use.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Sat, 20 May 2017 12:12:41 PDT