Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Looking to hire an EMT Basic for our Columbus and Lancaster, OH offices. We offer competitive wages and sign-On bonus for full-time employees after 6 months of employment. Two week paid vacation for full-time employees.
Shift: Hours and shifts will vary from 8, 10 and 12 hours shifts, 7 days a week on an as needed basis, based on the needs of Access-Med Ambulance Service.
The EMT (Basic) role responds to emergency and non-emergency requests, provides Basic Life Support (BLS) as needed, and transports sick or injured persons to the appropriate medical facility and complies with appropriate state of Ohio Department of Public Health Standards. The EMT adheres to Access-Med Ambulance Service LLC values and operates as an extension of the organization.
A. Respond to calls in a timely manner based off Access-Med Ambulance Service protocols.
B. Meet and exceed Contractual response times.
C. Represent Access-Med Ambulance Service by being courteous, professional, and a patient advocate.
D. May operate and drive an ambulance with regard to state and company safety policies if employee has less than two points on driving abstract.
E. Monitor communication equipment to maintain contact with Dispatch Center.
F. Comply with all protocols for treatment and transportation of the sick and injured as defined by the Company, local, and regional Medical Control.
G. Maintain a clean, professional appearance while maintaining a courteous, professional, and ethical behavior while working cooperatively with other members of the health care system, co-workers, and the public.
H. Perform other duties as assigned including those specific to the local operation.
I. Regular attendance consistent with scheduled hours. Willing to work overtime as needed.
J. Uses care and respect with all equipment and supplies.
L. Ability to accurately map to a designation
M. Be proficient with computer and reporting software
N. Performs other duties as requested by the EMS Supervisor
O. Regular and reliable attendance is expected.
1. Maintain and replenish vehicle, equipment and supplies as needed.
2. Attends departmental/PHO inservices and meetings as required or requested.
3. Practice within your certification skill set.
4. Provide general medical care and treatment to patients in both emergent and non-emergent settings as defined by state and local regulatory agencies.
5. Neatly and accurately document pertinent patient information on all required forms/documents. (Patient Care Records, Supplies, Medicare Signature Forms, and PCS forms)
6. Turns in appropriate documents prior to leaving duty.
7. Maintain a safe and healthy workplace in accordance with all appropriate OSHA standards, company policies and local standard operating procedures.
8. Complies with and enforces all policies and procedures.
9. Successfully completed all required EVOC Training within the required time period.
1. Current state EMT certification as required by the state of Ohio.
2. Current state of Ohio BLS certification card
3. Preference for NREMT certification
1. Previous healthcare or Ambulance experience preferred.
C. Special Skills & Aptitudes
A. If over 18 years of age; current state Driver's License in good standing and insurable
B. Excellent communication and customer service skills.
C. Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
D. Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
E. Ensure that all required Certifications are current and remain current.
F. Attend all Access-Med Ambulance Service training, annual training, and all mandatory Company updates.
G. Complete the training in the allotted time the Company sets.
H. Maintain knowledge about job and medical field.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
A. Able to squat lift and transfer over 60 lb.
B. Use proper technique when moving patients.
Access-Med Ambulance Service is a growing BLS stretcher transport service in the Columbus and Lancaster, Ohio area.
Sat, 20 May 2017 09:40:42 PDT