Project Manager / Environmental Consultant - Columbus, OH - Perm
The Environmental Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project management related to investigating the nature and extent of contamination and/or developing and implementing cleanup and closure activities in an economical, timely, and technically sound manner. In addition, project managers are expected to maintain a personal client base with limited assistance from senior personnel and understand the clients' needs related to projects. This position reports directly to the Office Manager and must be able to manage project team member resources and subcontractors in the context of managing projects. This is a full time, permanent position with salary based on experience.
- Manage a productive a project management team.
- Identify work opportunities with existing and potential clients and make efforts to secure the work through networking and the referral process.
- Understand and perform all tasks necessary to complete a project's scope of work. Activities include, but are not limited to, (Investigation) advance soil borings, obtain and field screen soil samples; install, develop and sample groundwater monitoring wells; complete geologic and aquifer studies; prepare samples for the laboratory; perform vapor studies, excavation area assessments, and record searches; (Cleanup) install and operate product recovery systems; perform pilot tests to support remedial system design; conduct remedial system installation and operation; maintain, coordinate and oversee tank removals; and decontaminate manufacturing facilities.
- Train field and staff personnel in tasks associated with the project's scope of work.
- Mentor field and staff personnel through the technical training program.
- Schedule staff and field personnel as appropriate to complete projects.
- Understand regulatory framework for projects.
- Evaluate, select, and schedule subcontractors.
- Develop and maintain a client base by developing working relationships with clients.
- Prepare proposals, budgets, and scopes of work for projects.
- Prepare job descriptions of successfully completed projects and update resume for marketing purposes.
- Provide technical assistance to the Marketing Department to increase client base.
- Prepare reports necessary to successfully complete projects.
- Complete projects under budget and conduct administration of the projects.
The qualified candidate will have:
- 5+ years of project management experience in environmental consulting (investigation, cleanup, and closure)
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, geology, chemistry, environmental science, or a related field
- Knowledge of environmental cleanup regulations and methodologies
- Strong computer and verbal/written communication skills are a must
- Knowledge of state regulations is a plus.
- Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- Have proven experience managing teams, resources and subcontractors
- Closure service area includes petroleum, chlorinated solvents, LUST, state cleanup, CERCLA, RCRA, and other state specific regulatory programs (VRP, VAP, BUSTR).
Does this interest you?
Contact Hunt Waycott at 317-832-1113,
or 800-893-0694 ext. 113,
PinPoint Resources is a staffing and head-hunting services firm that specializes in IT, engineering, and manufacturing professionals. We identify, recruit, place and support great talent to support client needs nationwide. We've been doing it successfully since 1993. Our goal is to represent your qualifications well, place you in a position where you can thrive, and support you there. We strive to be your long-term job "matchmaking" solution.
Our types of work arrangements are:
3. Direct, permanent hire
Lewis Center, OH
Sat, 20 May 2017 12:46:04 PDT