Schreiner Group LP has a full time regular opening for a Project Engineer. The Project Engineer's overall responsibility is to focused on the timely and cost effective completion of engineering and production projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
Operative Responsibilities include:
- Design and direct the fabrication of support tools.
- Identifying waste in our printing/manufacturing process and moving to correct or minimize it.
- Support new production development processes and product launches.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new tooling and equipment.
- Oversees equipment modifications or new equipment purchases by utilizing operational and financial data.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning space requirements, equipment layout, and work flow by using lean techniques.
- Develop initial technical specifications and perform comparative vendor analysis to support the procurement of parts, equipment and machinery.
- Provide engineering support of CAPA processes.
- Perform machine requalification as needed.
- Train employees on new process, procedures and equipment.
Strategic Responsibilities include:
- Develop, evaluate, and improve products, systems, equipment, and processes used in our manufacturing process that will increase production while adhering to customer specifications in a manner that is both economical and cost-effective.
- Research and resolve any manufacturing difficulties or inefficiencies to determine root cause. Make recommendations for corrective action.
- Conduct safety hazard analysis.
- Develop, train and promote lean manufacturing initiatives within the company.
- Prepare capacity analysis and annual review.
- Drive continuous improvement through P.D.C.A. (Plan-Do-Check-Act).
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Printing and Packaging Sciences or equivalent degree
- 3 years' experience in manufacturing and/or printing.
- Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing, 6-sigma, 5S, and other productivity and quality improvement methods.
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting technical procedures, manuals and manufacturing documents.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems.
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time.
- Work activity requires repetitive bending, reaching, walking, stooping, and crouching, lifting, and climbing.
- Adequate visual acuity including full color vision.
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds.
Schreiner Group LP is the North American Manufacturing location of Schreiner Group GmbH and Co. KG in Munich Germany. The largest business unit in Blauvelt is Schreiner MediPharm which develops and produces innovative specialty labels and self-adhesive marking solutions with value-added benefits for the medical and pharmaceutical industries. We are a capable development partner and reliable quality supplier, we convince our worldwide customers by delivering intelligent solutions which optimize processes and enhance patient safety.
Sat, 20 May 2017 16:22:30 PDT