Academic Advising Specialist (Silberman School of Social Work) (Multiple Positions)
The Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College actively seeks an Academic Advising Specialist.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Academic and Faculty Affairs, the duties will include the following, in addition to the duties in the CUNY Title Overview:
- Monitors and evaluates students' educational progress by conducting academic progress audits.
- Prepares activity reports and analyses to help evaluate students' success
- Assists with the development of guidelines for advising and updating of the student handbook
- Works with the Director of Student Services and the Dean of the School to plan services and activities to assist students with curriculum and academic advisement to a diverse student population
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
MSW degree with an LCSW or LMSW plus four years of related experience.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers an academic advising center or unit.
- Collaborates with other academic and administrative offices to maintain a comprehensive academic advisement program
- Ensures students are provided with consistent, accurate, and prompt advising services, coordinating with academic departments
- Works with students to resolve academic issues, providing information and/or referral
- Develops orientation programs to engage and retain students and instructs students, faculty and staff on use of advising technologies
- Conducts assessments to strengthen advisement programs
- Organizes and facilitates training for faculty advisors
- Develops print and online communication materials
- May supervise office operations and budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range $64,844 - $77,317; commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin April 4, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Academic Advising Specialist (Silberman School of Social Work) (Multiple Positions)
Job ID: 16446
Full/Part Time: Full-Time