SR ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, LEADERSHIP GIVING
Duties: Reporting to the Director of the Wharton Fund, the Senior Associate Director is responsible for the strategy, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for the Wharton School's graduate alumni who are giving or have the potential to give leadership gifts at the upper end of the Benjamin Franklin Society level to the Wharton Fund. They will ensure a high-touch experience for those giving 5+ figures.
This role will manage between 300 to 350 donors and will be expected to do 150 visits with a keen eye on moving donors to major gifts. They will also be expected to perform and advocate for high-touch stewardship, including events and fund activity. Frequent travel to cities with a large population of Benjamin Franklin donors is expected to visit prospects. This position will work closely with Annual Giving Officers and Major Gift Officers and achieve Wharton Fund cash and participation goals annually.
Key requirements for this position:
* Manage a 350 donor portfolio of donors and prospects that have or could demonstrate support to The Wharton School at the $10,000+ range.
* Create and implement stewardship plans for each donors, both on one-on-levels as well as macro levels.
* Personally solicit Wharton Fund prospects at the Benjamin Franklin Society level, as well as soliciting 150+ prospects/donors.
* Work with other University of Pennsylvania gift officers to determine strategies for high-level donors.
* Identify and qualify new major gift prospects and work with Wharton Development colleagues to maximize the long-term impact.
Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree is required and 5-7 years of experience in fundraising/gift solicitation, preferably in higher education, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience managing staff and volunteers preferred.
* Results driven with high motivation to work with a sophisticated donor population.
* Experience in serving volunteer organizations with a professional, customer service oriented
attitude and heightened diplomacy skills.
* Confidence and maturity to work with senior business alumni, including an understanding of
Reference Number: 07-25284
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: External Affairs
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: F-Development/Fundraising/Marketing