CPE Program Manager
University of Colorado Denver
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences - Dean's Office
Continuing and Professional Education Program Manager
Position #3054 - Requisition 08945
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) CPE Program Manager position.
The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 14,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Program Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of a program, function or work unit, including the development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or departmental strategies and processes. These positions typically do not supervise others.
The Continuing and Professional Education (CPE) Program Manager is responsible for all facets of managing the CPE office including student communications and support, scholarship confirmation, course scheduling, instructor assignments and HR documentation, review and approval of course materials, web page management, budget preparation, communication and planning with faculty, external facilities and organizations, and arranging conferences and events. The CPE Program Manager ensures CPE operations conform to CLAS CPE policies and procedures by utilizing proactive communication and problem resolution through independent decision making regarding all current CPE operations, with a focus on new course and program development and expansion of courses utilizing electronic media.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
A bachelor's degree in education, psychology, business, public administration, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, library science, or a directly related field.
The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level in at least one of the following areas:
- Experience in continuing, distance and professional education programs involving course management,
- Higher education student services such as marketing, recruiting and advising students,
- Continuing, distance and professional education student support at a remote teaching site,
- Course or student support for an online education program,
- Marketing in business, government or non-profit organizations.
A master's degree in a related field, five to eight years of experience in Continuing, Distance and Professional Education program administration with documented new program development involving:
- Academic program creation and delivery in traditional, video, online or hybrid course modes,
- CPE finance, contracts, and negotiations,
- Market research, expert spreadsheet and report generation,
- Use of enterprise systems, educational technology, social media marketing and market research
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to identify barriers, seek solutions, meet deadlines and make independent decisions about CPE operations.
- Demonstrated management of multi-faceted program details at a variety of levels to effectively move projects to completion in harmony with CPE goals and objectives.
- Initiative for client centered approach to problem solving.
- Entrepreneurial spirit open to new opportunities for CPE.
- Proven ability to work with external constituencies to develop programs.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Marjorie Levine-Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by May 1, 2017. Those who do not apply by May 1, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30087 - College Liberal Arts & Science
Posting Date: Mar 22, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Marjorie Levine-Clark
Posting Contact Email: Marjorie.Levine-Clark@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00003054