Assistant Director of Procurement and Payment Services
Nestled in a beautiful valley in the Southern Tier of New York, Alfred State has a long tradition of drawing the best faculty and staff from every field. This College of Technology offers outstanding opportunities in more than 70 majors, where project-based learning, sustainability, and civic engagement are cornerstones of the curricula. When students work on real-world problems, they learn how to think, not what to think, and they learn how to be involved in their community. That is why Alfred State graduates have a 99 percent employment and transfer rate.
Our faculty is dedicated to teaching and the academic success of our students. Alfred State seeks educators who are student-centered and engage in the life of the College. Our tenure process emphasizes teaching and university service with a more flexible approach to scholarship and professional growth. For faculty interested in research, the college maintains a teacher-scholar program to support research including applied research that complements our emphasis in experiential learning, civic engagement and sustainability.
Department: Business Affairs
Location: Alfred, NY
Posted: May 19, '17
The basic objective of the payment process is to ensure accurate and timely payment for state purchases of goods and services to vendors through the SUNY Finance and Management System. Payments shall be made in accordance with the State University procedures, State Finance Law and State Comptroller's Office regulations.
While trying to remain as flexible as possible to accommodate the needs of faculty, staff and vendors, the Assistant Director must take every step to insure complete documentation is available to in the event of an audit of payments, contracts, and purchase orders.
The Assistant Director of Procurement and Payment Services is expected to:
- Set and achieve high ethical standards
- Be self-motivated and maintain a positive attitude
- Perform gracefully under pressures of mutually conflicting priorities
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Procurement and Payment Services office, to include supervisor of the department staff
- Provide change oriented leadership to the staff of the department
- Maintain/update policies and procedures while developing training tools to help college personnel with procurement processes
- Remain flexible, open to new opportunities and different points of view
- Keep current in his/her profession to include the researching of new regulations and procedures
- Be strongly focused on compliance
- Meet established project goals and milestones
- Meet procurement goals with MWBE discretionary purchases and other internal and external goals
- Implement new software and automation initiatives and use data to create analysis and make decisions
- Assist the Director and the Business Affairs Department as a whole
- Anticipate, recognize and offer solutions to potential problems
- Remain impartial and fair in dealings
A bachelor's level degree in Business, Management, Finance, Accounting, or a related field. Preferably two to five years experience in a related field. Two years of experience with SUNY or New York State procurement regulations is preferred, but not required.
Pursuant to University policy, Alfred State College is committed to ensuring equal employment, education opportunity, and equal access to services, programs, and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, gender characteristics, marital status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or ex-offender status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely based upon a protected characteristic.
All applicants are subject to a criminal, employment, and educational background check.
Applicants interested in positions may access the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for the College at http://www.alfredstate.edu/student-services/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report. Crime statistics are reported in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Applicants may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the SUNY Alfred State College University Police Department at 607-587-3999.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and resume.