Instructional Assistant Professor - Sound Design
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 05-17-2017
The School of Theatre and Dance seeks an Instructional Assistant Professor to teach courses in Theatre Sound Design and to mentor student sound designers in our 10-show production season. There may be additional opportunities to teach courses in the area of Sound Design for the Arts Technology Program.
This position is represented by the Non-Tenure Track Faculty Association and may have associated dues or fees.
1. Master's Degree in Theatre, Theatre Sound Design, Music Composition, Computer Music, New Media, or a related field
2. A professional profile as a sound and/or media designer for theatre
3. A minimum of three years of teaching sound design and technology courses in a university setting
4. Experience as a mentor and supervisor for undergraduate and graduate student sound designers
5. Knowledge of leading MIDI/Audio applications including QLab
6. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
7. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Terminal Degree in Theatre, Theatre Sound Design, Music Composition, Computer Music, New Media, or a related field
2. Proficiency in leading MIDI/Audio applications including QLab
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.