Finance Budget Specialist
This position will report to the Director of Budget at The City College of New York. In addition to the general duties, tasks include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the development of annual budget and quarterly/mid-year/year-end expenditure reports.
- Create financial models to monitor and analyze spending.
- Manage the year-end close and provide cash flow analyses to ensure the integrity of the College's budget.
- Support the business process transformation related to the college's financial operations resulting in a structured budget process, decentralized budgets, and greater transparency to various stakeholders.
- Monitor expenditures and revenue collections to ensure consistency with approved financial plans and adherence to City and State budgetary guidelines.
- Support Budget Director with the preparation of various financial management reports.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
- Master's degree
- Strong Excel skills
- City College experience
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates budget matters for a program or department under management direction.
- Plans and develops annual budgets under direction; administers allocation and reconciliation of funds
- Prepares budget analyses and produces forecasting projections
- Analyzes spending, income trends and usage to recommend improvements
- Ensures that final, approved budget is adhered to by tracking revenues and expenses; processes budget transfers and adjustments
- Provides fiscal reports and financial statements to management
- Supports supervisor with budget administration to meet department goals and objectives
- May supervise subordinate staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Budget Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
July 17, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Finance Budget Specialist
Job ID: 16793
Full/Part Time: Full-Time