Associate or Full Professor/Academic Director of Online Business Programs
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor's degree, earn a master's degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited online degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education.
CUNY SPS currently seeks candidates for a tenure track position at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor of Business (or a business field) who will also serve as the Academic Director of the Bachelor of Science in Business and the Master of Science in Business Management and Leadership programs. Responsibilities include educational and administrative duties such as recruiting and managing faculty, coordinating course offerings, teaching courses, advising students, and performing School service.
Ph.D. degree in Business (or Business related field), have a demonstrated commitment to undergraduate and graduate business education, and have experience with online teaching and learning. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
A preferred candidate should have the following:
- A record of teaching, research, and scholarly activity in business education
- Experience in higher education administration
- Experience in curriculum development and assessment
- Ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and administration
- Ability to create relationships that foster employment and graduate school placement opportunities for students
- Proven record and commitment to grant writing, acquisition, and implementation
- Significant record of publication, intellectual scholarship, research, and professional contributions to his/her discipline
- Significant experience in teaching, advising, and mentoring
- Commitment to the promotion of the scholarship of teaching and the recruitment and development of a diverse faculty
- Experience in faculty development and evaluation models
- Excellent leadership, communication, team, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent administrative abilities
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume.
July 17, 2017. Resume review to begin on June 1, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: School of Professional Studies
Job Title: Associate or Full Professor/Academic Director of Online Business Programs
Job ID: 16783
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
More jobs like this
- C-Level & Executive Directors Program Administration jobs in Education
- C-Level & Executive Directors Program Administration jobs in Educational Administration & Leadership
- C-Level & Executive Directors Program Administration jobs in Professional Fields
- C-Level & Executive Directors Program Administration jobs in Business & Management
- C-Level & Executive Directors Program Administration jobs in Veterinary Science