Adjunct Clinical Supervisor for Student Teachers: Department of Teacher Education at York College/C
Completes non-teaching projects or complex work in support of a Campus or University administrative or academic department. This work is generally of a temporary nature and requires specialized experience or expertise.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
York College/CUNY is located in Jamaica, Queens, one of the five boroughs of New York City.
The Clinical Supervisor will work directly with students in the Student-Teaching phase of the Teacher Education program and will be expected to accomplish the following:
- Review the candidate's instructional plans and assessments and provide significant feedback for improvement prior to the observation;
- Communicate frequently with the candidate, the cooperating teacher, and the clinical professor;
- Attend meetings with other clinical educators either at the school or the college as needed;
- Conduct full-period observations with a focus on the skills, knowledge, and dispositions highlighted in a pre-conference communication with the candidate;
- Provide relevant and significant feedback following each observation of the candidate, feedback that focuses on student achievement and includes specific goals and strategies;
- Provide the candidate with written feedback in the form of a formal evaluation following each observation;
- Communicate and collaborate with other program personnel about the candidate's progress;
- Collaborate with the candidate to devise instructional plans and assessments;
- Help the candidate integrate theory and practice in dynamic ways; that are innovative and reflective of the most current research about learning;
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required.
The following are preferred qualifications:
Candidates with a minimum of five (5) years of successful teaching/coaching in the candidate's certification field. Preferred candidates will also have earned an M.A. in a discipline related to the candidate's field and/or will have significant experience supervising teachers in this field. The preferred candidate will have experience mentoring pre-service and/or in-service teachers.
Compensation for this part-time position is commensurate with salary history, experience, and credentials.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online through this job board as follows:
Go to www.cuny.edu and click on Employment
Select "Apply Now" then create or login to a user account and provide the requested information.
Click on Job Postings on CUNYfirst
Click Search job listings
Click on More search options
Search by Job Opening ID number 16780
*In order to be considered for this position, applicants must include a cover letter,
CV/resume, and contact information (email and telephone) for three references. Please upload these as ONE document in rtf, doc, or pdf format
Closing Date - July 17, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: York College
Job Title: Adjunct Clinical Supervisor for Student Teachers: Department of Teacher Education at York College/CUNY
Job ID: 16780
Full/Part Time: Part-Time