Youth Programming Teacher Assistant - Northern Virginia
The Youth Program Teacher Assistant supports instructors in the classroom as they teach programming classes to kids and teens. This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of the curriculum, providing classroom management support, and one-on-one and small group instruction.
- Instructional and classroom management support of the instructor
- Complete classroom management training
- Provide small group and individualized instruction when needed.
- Be an active advocate for the program and the schools
- AA degree required or the successful completion of a coding boot camp or certified training.
- 3 months experience as a front-end developer OR equivalent experience.
- Experience working with youth (i.e. advising, mentoring, tutoring, babysitting, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Must enjoy working with kids and teens and enthusiastically engage the students.
- This job is based in FairfaxCounty, VA. (look for our other posting for New York
- This is a part time job that requires a 3 month commitment
- Coding classes are scheduled at a range of times throughout the day in a variety of settings, so scheduling is flexible.
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
We€™re honored and proud to announce that Strayer University has been recognized as a 2017 Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.