Director, Fulltime and Professional MBA Programs - College of Business (A1700306)
Director, Full-Time and Professional MBA Programs
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois College of Business is globally recognized for its academic excellence and is consistently ranked among the world's best business schools. With the largest alumni network in the country, our graduates are also among the leaders of many of the world's most successful companies and brands. Furthermore, Illinois Business Consulting (world's largest student-led consulting organization), Academy of Entrepreneurial Leadership, Center for Professional Responsibility in Business and Society, and partnership with the University of Illinois Research Park provide our students with unmatched experiential learning opportunities that help drive their success both inside and outside of the classroom.
The Illinois MBA and the College of Business at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seek a Director of MBA - Campus Programs, to provide strategic direction and operational leadership to its full-time and professional MBA programs. The Director will report to the Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs and be a part of the Business Graduate Programs leadership team with accountability for strategic direction, budget, student services, admissions, and program management, and he/she will collaborate with the Director of Recruitment Marketing on developing and executing an annual global recruiting strategy. Additionally, this role will work closely with the MBA programs Academic Director, Action Learning leads, Dean's Fellows, MBA Association, and and other team members to drive programmatic changes and improvements that transform learning and further differentiate the overall student experience.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Set direction of the programs in coordination with the Assistant Dean of Business Graduate Programs, the Academic Director, and faculty of the MBA programs. Initiate and manage the strategic planning process
- Develop and ensure the successful execution of a professional development plan for each program that creates a competitive advantage for students and complements the classroom experience
- Define and achieve class targets and profiles and work with the Director of Recruitment Marketing in executing a plan to achieve documented goals
- Lead the continuous improvement process for MBA admissions
- Conduct informational and/or admissions interviews and evaluate candidates for admission
- Collaborate with Business Career Services to support students' career management, career advancement opportunities, and job and internship placement
- Partner with Illinois Business Consulting, Action Learning leads, and other campus partners to provide unmatched experiential learning opportunities
- Manage annual budget planning process
- Hire, train and supervise staff and provide vision and direction that motivates and encourages a high-performance team
- Serve as administrative lead to MBA Association, Dean's Fellows, and other student groups to support programmatic initiatives and ensure student satisfaction
- Assist in the AACSB learning assurance process
- Actively engage alumni, industry partners, and other stakeholder groups to help achieve key objectives of the programs and desired outcomes
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally to support candidate recruiting, alumni outreach and student development initiatives
- A graduate degree and a minimum of 7 years of professional experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to set and achieve stretch goals
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices for globally-recognized MBA programs
- MBA degree from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or equivalent top-ranked program
- Experience leading, directing or working with an MBA program from an AACSB-accredited institution
- 3-5 years experience in consulting and/or leadership roles in talent acquisition, recruiting or marketing
- Experience working with blended learning and modern, continuing-education models
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by June 19, 2017. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date; however, no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. For further information regarding our application procedures, email email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Director, Fulltime and Professional MBA Programs - College of Business (A1700306)
Open Date: 05/19/2017
Organization Name: MBA Program Administration