DCI-Other Clinical Research
- Position provides direct support for the administrative and clinical operations in the Duke Cancer Institute's Center for Onco-Primary Care.
- Telephone Responsibilities
- Obtain complete information on incoming calls from patients and physicians (name, MRN if applicable, telephone number, date call was received and reason for call)
- Route call or message to appropriate area (appointment center,clinic, provider) in a timely fashion. When paging a provider, list your name and telephone number on the page.
- Retrieve voice mails the same day, record all information and date and time of the message and route accordingly
- Enter phone messages as an In basket Message in Maestro Care for Triage/MD/APP Letters/Clinic notes/ other
- Assist with completion of FMLA and/or disability paperwork for providers, if needed(collect, submit and record on spreadsheet for tracking)
- Print/Route letters and clinic notes that are routed to you with 24 hours of receipt
- If required by the physicians, ensure all orders are in that were referenced in previous visit note for appointment; if not, notify provider.
- Submit Schedule Change Request (SCR) form to close clinics
- Make sure all patients are bumped in a timely fashion
- Review schedules and templates for errors
- Process SCR forms within 48 hours of receipt to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Make sure changes are reflected in Maestro Care within 1-2 weeks and follow up if changes are not made
- Enter scheduling inquires and follow up if scheduling issues are not addressed within 3 days
- Reschedule patients due to provider failing to meet PDC 45 day Planned Absence policy
- Send referrals to outside facilities signed by doctors for labs,studies, tests, etc.
- Print and send all records; request pathology to be sent, if necessary
- FedEx a CD of scans performed at Duke
- If required by disease group, call outside facility and register/make patient appointment
- If required by disease group, inform patient and referring physician of the appointment date and time Medical Records/PACS/CDs /
- Order outside records
- Request imaging CDs and submit to PACS for upload
- Receive and print outside medical records from New Patient Coordinators in advance of clinic appointment, if needed.
- If needed, communicate with the patient to get him/her to sign the medical release
- If needed, communicate with the referring physician's office to get them to fax the records
- Route all clinic notes to patient's care team each week for attending physician
- Receive medical records from home physicians and deliver to HIM or scan to HIM and J drive
- Request records on returning patients that have been seen elsewhere since last visit(i.e. hospital, ED, Urgent care, local Oncologist, Radiation Oncologist, etc.)
- Request Pathology slides/blocks as requested by provider and once received enter into Maestro Care and take to Pathology for processing
Academic Miscellaneous Support
- Mail pick/delivery and pull/deliver faxes
- Answer and screen incoming calls
- Manage faculty calendar
- Schedule and coordinate meeting/teleconferences.
- Identify conflicts and resolve them
- Send invites, reminders, and agenda
- Order food for meetings, as required
- Respond to requests from pharmaceutical representative
- Put out-of-town meetings on calendar
- Put clinic/consults/calls on calendar
- Coordinate travel for meetings including submission of registration, airfare, hotel reservations, rental car (if needed) and process reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses
- Works Administrator for assigned faculty and clearing of P-Card charge
- Maintain and keep receipts for all transactions
- Maintain CVs and/or Biosketches, if needed
- Order office supplies, if needed
- Assist with manuscript and abstract submissions, if needed
- Assist with completion of Conflict of Interest forms
- Maintain professional memberships, and renewal of license/DEA/privileges
- Plan and schedule work priorities in accordance with Center goals and deadlines.
- Communicate with team members accordingly regarding schedules, projects, timelines,etc.
- Coordinate travel and visit agendas for recruits, potential trainees,and visiting speakers.
And other work as assigned.The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.The intent of this job description is to be representative of the level and the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities.
83 STAFF SPECIALIST
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of basic mathematical, research and communications principles normally acquired through two years of post secondary education.
Work generally requires four years of clerical or research experience to acquire strong skills in administrative or project research responsibilities as well as accepted office management, communications and research practices.A bachelor's degree in a field of study directly related to the specific position may be substituted for the education and two years of the experience requirement. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.