Requisition # 2017-7555
Department Council of Ivy Grp Presidents
Category Communications and Public Relations
Date Posted 5/19/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Ivy League Associate Executive Director for Strategic Communications/External Relations is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive strategic communications plan for the Ivy League athletics conference to enhance the visibility of Ivy League athletics nationally, maximizing the Ivy League's stature, success, and unique approach to college athletics.
- Manage league-wide communications initiatives, including television, multi-media exposure, social media, messaging and traditional news sources.
- Oversee a coordinated approach to Ivy League communications, including the Ivy League Digital Network, the Ivy League website, and the sports communications functions of the Ivy League.
- Supervise and provide guidance and oversight of the Assistant Directors, who act as the primary contacts for Ivy League championship sports.
- Identify and create opportunities to tell the Ivy League athletic conference's story to a wide audience by establishing and maintaining a network of contacts throughout the national and local media.
- Build an infrastructure to identify and share newsworthy events and activities that highlight the academic and athletic achievements of Ivy League student-athletes and alumni.
- Make statements to the media and prepare others for public comments, including preparing speeches, talking points, and media releases.
- Work with the Executive Director to manage the Ivy League's media rights agreements and serve as primary contact with the Ivy League's media partners.
- Collaborate with the Ivy League's Chief Marketing Officer to promote and market the Ivy League to corporate sponsors.
- Manage the Ivy League's domestic and international licensing programs.
- Bachelor's Degree and ten or more years of related experience.
- Background in public relations or strategic communications and experience with designing a comprehensive communications and messaging strategy in a sports, education, non-profit or related setting.
- Ability to supervise a high functioning and dedicated staff of professionals.
- Experience with and knowledge of new media communications strategies, technologies, and partners.
- Knowledge of the multi-media sports market and ability to identify and develop new opportunities for exposure.
- Understanding of college athletics and an appreciation of its place in a rigorous academic setting.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, hard-working environment as part of a high-functioning team.
The Ivy League office is located on the campus of Princeton University. Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Work Schedule, If Other Than Standard Hours
Occasional evening and weekend hours.
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.