Nurse Practitioner-Lane Center
PRN Nurse Practitioner (Adult or Family) to work in a nurse managed clinic at the UCCS Health Circle Primary Care Clinic in the Lane Center for Academic Health Sciences providing healthcare services to University of Colorado employees and patients with participating health insurance within the Colorado Springs community.
• Triages walk-in urgent health care situations and coordinates with emergency medical responders for safe transport to local emergency rooms if deemed necessary.
• Extensive clinical knowledge to provide primary care services to a variety of patients (both ill and well) at the UCCS Health Circle Primary Care Clinic.
• Able to differentiate patient care situations that require acute and non-acute action and responds accordingly.
• Refers patients requiring care that is beyond the scope of the Nurse Practitioner's practice to other appropriate providers.
• Completes histories, physical examinations and thorough assessments on all patients with appropriate documentation reflected in the medical record.
• Working knowledge of appropriate billing/coding and HIPPA compliance issues.
• Collaborates and communicates effectively with the clinic staff, students and community providers to meet the needs of the patients being served by the clinic.
The NP is responsible for providing health care to patients of the UCCS Health Circle Primary Care Clinic as directed by nurse practitioner scope of practice, clinic policies and procedures.
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime.
Hourly Pay Rate: $50.00 - $52.00/hour
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
• Master's degree in Nursing with specialty certification as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner by a national certification agency.
• Current unencumbered Colorado RN licensure and placement on the Advanced Practice Nurse Registry with full prescriptive authority.
• Current DEA license and CPR certification.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by June 19, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40082 - Beth-El Grad Nursing
Posting Date: May 19, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Deborah Tuffield
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00733555