Career Communication and Analytics Specialist
The Undergraduate Career Development office at the Leeds School of Business is accepting applications for a Career Communication & Analytics Specialist.
This position will support the Executive Director and assist with the marketing and communication of all Undergraduate Career Development events, programs and services to all Leeds undergraduates via a wide variety of media, including the Leeds website, social media, Newsletters, emails, mobile and web apps, D2L, and other means.
The Career Communication & Analytics Specialist is responsible for ensuring professional communication to all Leeds stakeholders, and for tracking the effectiveness of communication methods. In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring that student engagement and outcomes are tracked and reported accurately using SalesForce, annual surveys, and check-in results. The position must have strong strategic, analytical and technical skills in order to plan and implement a cohesive Communication Strategy, and identify, collect and analyze relevant data for reporting career metrics. The position must work closely with all areas of Career Development, as well as coordinate with other Undergraduate Programs (e.g. Recruiting, ODA, LSP, Advising, Minors), Divisions, Academic Centers, Development and Leeds Communication office to ensure consistent and effective communication of Career Development programs and results.
The Career Communication & Analytics Specialist will provide technology and budget support to the Office, as well as provide high-level coordination and oversee student communication for all major Career Development events, including CoLab, Sophomore Summit, Leeds Career Fair, and the PMP Kick-Off and Spring Celebration.
This position will work closely with the Employer Relations team to ensure communication of employer events and job postings to appropriate target audiences.
What your responsibilities will be:
Career Analytics and Reporting (45%)
* Develop online research and benchmarking surveys using Qualtircs and SalesForce to support the evaluation and continuous improvement of Leeds Career Development services.
* Assist with the creation of office-wide and program-specific surveys, ensure consistency over time and assist with analysis and follow-up.
* Ensure survey data can translate into information for Salesforce.
* Work with Executive Director and career team to collect career data and metrics needed for internal, accreditation, and rankings reporting. Develop survey and a strategic distribution plan in collaboration with Undergraduate Affair and other Offices and faculty, as needed.
* Collaborate with Undergraduate Affairs and the Business Research Division on Survey Strategy.
* Develop reports for all Divisions on placement and career information.
* Work with the Career Development team to track critical utilization, outcome, and demographic data in Salesforce and develop graphs, charts, and other visuals to present data effectively.
* Work with Executive Director to develop regular reports on key metrics.
* Must have strong analytical skills, be able to communicate data effectively using a variety of tools and programs.
* Attention to detail is critical.
Communication Strategy & Student Engagement:(30%)
* Plan and execute Communication Strategy to ensure career resources and events are communicated effectively to students using a variety of communication tools and platforms, including social media, Leeds website, CU Events Calendar, Newsletters, D2L, Mailchimp, Four Winds screens, brochures, hand-outs, Salesforce, and others.
* Coordinate messaging and communication to internal and external audiences for all Career Development programs, services and events. Ensure messaging is timely, professional and in line with the mission of the Office and Leeds standards.
* Identify and test new ways to communicate with students, including text, mobile and web apps, and other technology.
* Track effectivenes of communication, using Google analytics, Salesforce and other tools to better target and engage student audiences.
* Develop strategies to improve opens, click rates, and survey response rates based on analytics.
* Manage Social Media presence for Career Development LinkedIn site. Coordinate and consult with Leeds Communication office and program teams (e.g., Mentoring, Employer Relations) to evaluate new methods of communication and ensure brand consistency.
* Coordinate with the Leeds Communication team on various projects, including: website updates, brochure and poster creation, Leeds publications, and other marketing collateral. Be knowledgeable of CU and Leeds communication standards.
* Research new ways to improve and leverage outreach and communication efforts.
* Support the communication of professional/career-related events and collaborate with Offices, Centers and Student Orgs to reduce conflicts and ensure they have the information they need about Career events.
* Coordinate calendars with the Leeds Development Office and other External Relations functions. Keep internal and external calendars up to date and make sure any changes are communicated in a timely fashion.
* Launch and design Career content for students to be accessible on D2L.
* Excellent communication and written skills are essential.
Major Event Strategy and Oversight (10%)
* Work with Career Development and other Undergraduate Offices to create a year-long plan of action for events, in order to minimize conflict and facilitate early communication.
* Work with program teams and Career Operations Coordinator to develop strategy to execute major Career Development events, including CoLab, Sophomore Summit, Career Fairs, and PMP Kick-Off and Spring Celebration.
* Support all Career Development programming through coordination and consistent communication. Identify opportunities to leverage Career Development events and resources through collaboration with other Offices at Leeds, student organizations, and CU Career Services.
* Provide guidance to other Career Development Staff on University Policy, outside venues and contracting, as needed.
* Ensure participation in all events and programs is tracked via SalesForce to better understand student interests and engagement. Work with the Career, ER and Mentoring teams to create Engagement dashboards.
* Use Salesforce to develop and distribute post-event surveys to gauge satisfaction and learning outcomes in conjunction with the sponsoring group. Create dashboards to evaluate and display results.
* Work with event team to manage and train student workers and event volunteers.
* Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with all Leeds School and University contacts, as required, to accomplish job assignments.
Technology Management (10%)
* Must be able to use and work with office staff and students on the technology and tracking tools used to support Career Development, including the Chronus Mentoring software, Career Buffs, and Salesforce.com.
* Coordinate with Leeds Communication team to manage Career Development content on Leeds website. Make minor edits and content updates independently using HTML programming.
* Utilize Chronus Mentoring software and Salesforce.com to create robust data collection and tracking methods.
* Work with Leeds Technology Services on projects to improve technology adoption and effectiveness within Career Development.
* Help train student workers and others on the use of office technology (mobile web app, Salesforce, Sched, etc.)
* Manage FourWinds screen content for Career Development and coordinate with Academic Advising for content in the Undergraduate Affairs lobby area.
* Use information in Salesforce to generate reports and create Dashboards to track progress on Career Development milestones.
* Strong experience and comfort in using data management tools and technology, including Excel, Qualtrics, SPSS, and others.
Budget Management (5%)
* Assist in the planning and tracking of the budget and expenses for all Office programs.
* Prepare and update budget information for strategic planning and reporting documents.
* Track and manage expenses for the all programs within the Office.
* Track gift funding allocations and balances with Development and the Leeds Budget Office.
* Ensure that monthly budget report reconciliation is completed.
* Help with the development of budgets for new initiatives, as needed.
* Work with Executive Director to ensure programs are operating within budget allocations.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position will be in the low to mid $50,000's, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be engaged. Be involved. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
A bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution.
At least 2 years of professional work experience, working with senior executives and business clients.
Ability to work a varying schedule, including nights and weekends.
What you'll need:
Experience with planning events for 500+ attendees.
Excellent writing, public speaking, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Strong computer skills/knowledge of database, design and communication software.
Creativity, initiative and flexibility in designing programs and solving problems.
Ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues, students, alumni and corporate partners.
Familiarity and experience working with a variety of social media platforms.
Experience developing marketing materials, as well as working with design and marketing software.
Strong data analysis and communication skills.
Experience using Qualtrics, Salesforce, Excel, SPSS or similar tools and platforms to acquire and analyze data.
Experience using Salesforce.com or similar platform for data collection, management and presentation via Dashboards.
What we'd like:
Familiarity with the CU system and the Leeds School of Business.
Knowledge of CU procurement and accounting procedures and requirements, including familiarity with Cognos.
Experience planning large events on the CU campus, familiarity with departments and processes required for room reservations, alcohol policy, and variety of venues.
Knowledge of Career Center operations and metrics.
Experience preparing and presenting complex data analyses.
Familiar with Google analytics, HTML and other website design and management tools.
Experience working with or training college students and/or young professionals.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by June 4, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10255 - Leeds School of Business
Posting Date: May 19, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00698786