* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver
College of Arts & Media
Position #617973 - Requisition 09623
Jobs in this career family develop, maintain, and support computer systems, software and networks. Functions include enterprise operations, distributed computing, academic computing, research computing, computer hardware and software management, computer and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and development capacity.
- Manage all aspects of CAM computer labs.
- Manage a team of 12-15 student assistants including: hiring, scheduling, training, promoting, and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Design/implement/maintain/supply and support lab space technology.
- Collect usage statistics, technical trends, and student requirements to inform forecasting
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position has been established at $49,000. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, management/computer information systems, computer engineering, information technology, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience managing MAC computers in an academic environment.
- Experience supporting the following applications: Adobe Ps, Lr, Ar, Id, Pr, Office365, MS-AD, Jamf, Remote Desktop and Apple support tools.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience managing student labs.
- Ability to deal with complicated/time sensitive technical issues in student labs and clasrooms
- Ability to identify talent, hire, direct and support the work of student lab monitors.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution (faculty, staff, students, admin.)
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Christian Ecker at Christian.Ecker@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by June 1st. Those who do not apply by June 1st may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30119 - CAM-Dean's Office
Posting Date: May 19, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Christian Ecker
Posting Contact Email: Christian.Ecker@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00617973