Academic Advisor III
Transfer Articulation - 164270
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Division of Enrollment is committed to the support and realization of the University of North Texas' strategic enrollment goals. As a collaborative, the Division is dedicated to recruiting, enrolling and retaining a highly-talented and diverse community who will graduate and contribute greatly to the state of Texas and communities beyond.
The Division is resolute in its pursuit to continuously improve communication, processes and services to assist students to enable them in their pursuit of higher education and enhance their experience.
The Division of Enrollment at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Transfer Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Focused primarily on facilitating smooth transfer of students from community colleges to the University of North Texas.
* Requires close work with academic units across UNT and with community college partners to facilitate the development of program-to-program curricular alignment (guided pathways) that will allow students to efficiently transfer into UNT undergraduate degree programs.
* Require significant travel within the metroplex and modest travel statewide.
* Support the work of the P-16 Council and assist the AVP for Enrollment in the collection, analysis and presentation of data related to transfer student success.
* Collaborates closely with admissions and the registrar's office to identify barriers, suggest opportunities and implement solutions to facilitate transfer student success.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and five years of experience in student affairs, student services, counseling, or professional academic advising. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to effectively advise multiple and diverse degree programs, requiring advanced knowledge of advising theory and practice.
* Ability to effectively manage time and projects.
* Ability to integrate and analyze information and develop reports
* Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
* Ability to compose effective and professional communiques for both internal and external target markets and present information publicly.
* Ability to effectively demonstrate leadership, supervise others and provide effective training.
* Proficiency in computer skills, including MS Office and student information systems.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience in academic advising sufficient to carefully assess curricular alignments and recommend optimal course sequences.
* Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
* Ability to identify data elements and manipulate data under the direction of the AVP.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting