Salary: $60,100 - $89,200
Title: Financial Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Strategic Executive Admin Team
Date Posted: 05/19/2017
Position Information: Under the general supervision of the Director of Business Operations (DBO) and in coordination with the Executive Officer, the Financial Analyst serves as the lead financial analyst for the Chancellor's organization and provides professional high level financial, budgetary, analytical, and administrative support and expertise to the Chancellor's organization. The incumbent may provide back-up support to the Provost's Organization, Vice Chancellor for Planning and Budget organization, and any other organizations as determined by the Executive Officer and/or the Chancellor and Provost/EVC. As an integral member of the Provost/EVC's Strategic Executive Administrative Team (SEAT), the analyst independently performs complex budgetary/resource modeling, and independently researches, formulates and presents data analysis, management reports and recommendations to management both orally and in writing. The position is responsible for performing financial ledger reconciliation, reviewing payroll transactions, timely financial reporting, budget report development and analysis, and the processing of organization budgetary and financial journal entries. The Financial Analyst, in partnership with other SEAT staff and the information technology staff, develops and enhances processes and their integration with associated information systems for the organizations supported. The incumbent may assist the HR Generalist with Human Resources administration, including training staff personnel and assisting with staff recruitments. Must be able to work under the pressure of constantly changing priorities, unanticipated urgent demands, and multiple tasks. Assists department management with special projects as assigned including PowerPoint presentations and policy/procedure/guideline development; drafts and proofreads/edits documents. Testing will be a part of the recruitment and selection process. Budgeted amount for this position is up to $80,000 depending on qualifications.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
Has ability to independently gather required information, organize, and perform financial analysis assignments.
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Demonstrated proficiency with query tools to extract data from systems and the ability to analyze, validate, and prepare consolidated reports using tools such as pivot tables and financial formulas within Microsoft Excel.
Proven ability to use spreadsheet and database software for complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Proven interpersonal skills with peers throughout the organization; service orientation; critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview