Financial Aid Representative - R2T4 (F/T), CFRN13620SFA
Responsible for the Return to Title IV (R2T4) review and calculations following Federal and Institutional regulations and procedures. Responsible to evaluate and respond appropriately to the level of student need and provide clear and concise dissemination of financial aid information regarding application, processes, community resources and available internet resources.
Position Title: Financial Aid Representative - R2T4 (F/T), CFRN13620SFA
Duties of Position:
- Perform the Return of Title IV program review and calculations in compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the R2T4 process including modules.
- Manage the review and reconciliation of all Title IV programs and R2T4 funds for timely, accurate, and compliant returns each semester.
- Collaborate with Financial Affairs in the R2T4 review and calculations.
- Monitor the uncashed check process to ensure all funds over the allotted period are returned to the Department of Education.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of Federal and State financial aid program regulations, policies and procedures especially R2T4 regulations as they apply to modules.
- Use professional judgment according to Federal Policies and Procedures in determining student eligibility.
- Identify and analyze unusual problems pertaining to financial aid with emphasis towards problem resolution and student service.
- Assist in the collection of data for federal and state reporting.
- Provide support services to the reception and intake reception and telephone coverage of the office.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: Minimum two to three year's experience in a community college setting or business office environment. Evidence of commitment and sensitivity to students from different backgrounds. Two years of financial aid, auditing, or business office experience. Finalists invited to an on campus interview may be required to take a R2T4 examination consisting of several scenarios. Only individuals who receive the same outcome as those calculated and approved by the Internal Auditor will be considered.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
EXPERIENCE: Working knowledge in Colleague Ellucian Student Information System.
EDUCATION: MA in counseling or student personnel.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
PC, calculator, fax, copier and telephone.
High traffic office with continual interruptions by telephone and walk-in inquiries. Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time. Ability to lift boxes up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Student Financial Aid - SFA
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt