IT Support Specialist Lead
Requisition Number STA - 201000000491
Job Title IT Support Specialist Lead
The University of North Texas System invites applications for the position of IT Support Specialist Lead.
IT Shared Services (ITSS) is part of the Finance Division of The University of North Texas System. The mission of ITSS is simple: to be the best at delivering customer-aligned IT solutions and services. Our services are provided to all member institutions using an IT shared services governance model.
IT Shared Services provides the primary technology used by all campuses to support their operations. These include: shared resources of data centers, computing hardware, software applications, network and voice communications, collaboration and productivity capabilities, central web services, risk management, and security and compliance services. As a department, we strive to provide the most professional personnel possible to serve our campus constituents.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The IT Support Specialist Lead position performs highly advanced (senior-level) and/or supervisory computer systems support work. The work involves providing customer support for agency information systems within the University of North Texas System (UNTS) College of Law. They also assign and supervise the work of others, works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. This position requires knowledge of principles of computing and communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environment is required.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Provides helpdesk oversight and general IT Support for all day to day operations for UNTS College of Law faculty and staff
- Provides Server support as assigned
- Addresses urgent matters regarding IT customer support in a prompt and professional manner
- Ensures helpdesk staff are well trained in customer service principles and employ those principles when working with customers
- Tracks all support activities through work tracking system, assesses helpdesk effectiveness and identifies and implements improvements
- Augments and expands existing IT Support programs
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by providing excellent customer service and attention to detail in all situations
- Provides a consultative approach when handling complex IT Support issues
- Hires and supervises student employees for helpdesk
- Maintains supplies at appropriate levels
- Ensures helpdesk staff is up to date with policies and procedures
- Identifies needs and coordinates or administers technical training for helpdesk staff
- Assesses campus software training needs through various measures
- Provides accessible, basic training on fundamental application software multiple times per semester interval (Spring, Summer, Fall)
- Provides accessible, advanced training on select software applications
- Develops or procures effective selfpaced training to accommodate users as necessary
- Provides accessible, basic training on instructional equipment multiple times at the beginning of each semester interval (Spring, Summer, Fall)
- Provides accessible, advanced training on select instructional equipment
- Maintains uptodate knowledge of appropriate user services trends to support the University mission
- Provides effective advice and recommendations to the IT Manager
- Other duties as assigned
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of related computing work experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department.
- Knowledge of principles of computing and communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environment is required.
- Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware.
- Ability to assimilate, retain and utilize technical and applications-oriented information.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills:
- Experience in a law school or law firm environment
- Experience with ExamSoft assessment software
- Experience with Document and Case Management Systems (e.g. Clio).
- Skills in system administration and application administration of various management systems (e.g. Canvas, SCCM, PaperCut and Panopto)
- Experience with Digital Media Systems
- Experience with Crestron Room Management Systems.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Start Date 05/19/2017
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD (or terminal degree for your discipline)
- How many years of related computing work experience do you have?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)