Asst Men''s Basketball Coach
Working Title Asst Men's Basketball Coach
Inspire Awesome with Eastern Washington University. We are currently seeking an Assistant Men's Basketball Coach.
This position is housed in the athletic department and will report to Head Men's Basketball Coach and ultimately the Athletic Director or sport supervisor. It is the responsibility of the Assistant Men's Basketball Coach to work closely with the head coach to design, organize, implement, facilitate, oversee and evaluate all facets of a Big Sky, NCAA Division I assigned sport program. Several components of this job include, responsible for taking a lead role in recruiting, completing daily/weekly activity logs with student-athletes, student-athlete welfare issues, liaison with equipment room and Adidas contract, responsible for scouting teams and video exchange with other schools. This position also provides educational, monitoring, and supervisory components as well as working within a shared facility. This person will work closely with the athletic department support staff, equipment staff, sports medicine staff, sport & recreation center staff, Athletic Academic Coordinator/Advisor and the Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance. Will also work collaboratively with relevant constituent groups.
It is the responsibility of the Assistant Men's Basketball Coach to study and know all policies and procedures integral to university, Big Sky and NCAA rules compliance. Will assist in the direction, develop and management of all aspects of the assigned sport program including but not limited to; recruiting, talent evaluation, conducting training and development of student athletes within the team concept, scheduling, budget supervision, supervision of additional staff and monitoring academic progress of the team.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU event and sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
Must be able to obtain First Aid/CPR/AED certification within the first 60 days of employment.
Must be able to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test for off-campus recruiting within 30 days of employment and annually thereafter.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working with Men's Basketball at the collegiate level.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to learn and adhere to the Big Sky Conference and NCAA rules.
- Excellent computer technology/literacy skills.
- Support and comply with all applicable rules and regulations of the NCAA, the Big Sky Conference, and other established bodies that govern intercollegiate athletics and the University. In the event the Employee becomes aware, or has reasonable cause to believe, that violations of rules compliance may have taken place, Employee shall report same promptly to the Athletic Director, Compliance Coordinator, or his/her designee.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency and/or diversity.
- Master's Degree in a related field.
- Three (3) years of collegiate experience working with men's basketball at the Division I level.
- Collegiate recruiting experience at the NCAA Division I level.
- No previous history of NCAA violations.
- Collegiate, junior college or high school head coaching experience.
Other Skills and Abilities: